Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Town and then the Cupola

Tuesday was one of those days. Two trips planned for town. That is, of course, somewhat tiring for an old man. But I can slow down later this week.
"If you're unsure of yourself, dance as though nobody were watching. If you know you're good, dance as though everybody were watching."

First my monthly check up at the VA. Left at ten a.m. and got the C bus nicely all the way to Middle Street. Short bike ride up to the Kalihi Transit Center and the 31 bus arrives 10 minutes later, going to Tripler. I have them timed.

They stuck the needle in and got the blood samples. The results reading was at 2.57 which is pretty close to perfect. I left in time to catch the 12:45 back to Kalihi. Then a five minute wait and got the B bus going down School Street.

Made my purchases at Freight Merchandisers and then biked all the way down Houghtailing to get the C bus on Dillingham, which arrived about 1:20. Got home before 3 p.m. and had a snack and a nap and ready to go to town again,

"I'll Never Fall In Love Again" by Dionne Warwick

Made a few errands in town and got to the Cupola a little after seven. A few people were buying at the bar, including Marie, said she had a T Shirt for me. Fine, and I ordered a Cranberry Juice.

Inside, the place was already jumping. Wow, they are getting a good crowd of social dancers. I am seeing many of the same people every time. Getting to be a nice social environment.

With Marie's help, I was able get a photo, most of the T shirt people.

"Without Love" by Tom Jones

Then I had been wanting to get a few random photos of the "dancing," which is the name of the game. I am learning to take many different kinds of photos. So many nice people there, the kind you want to be friends with.

I could see that plenty of photos were being taken, as in other places but for some reason they do not wish to share with our readers. I ask everyone, send your favorite photos in. Maybe I can make a special blog just with the photos contributed. But I believe we should respect their preferences.
 
"Come Saturday Morning" by the Sandpipers


Everybody knows everybody, and the gang's all here.

Lorie and Michael Chun
But I did not get the kind of photos I was seeking this time. The one on the left, I got of the entire dance floor but too dark, but the Chuns came out nice. Three couples are becoming an ideal set up. And I am looking for a different background and in different parts of the dance location.

I am working on it, it makes for more representative look of a very good social atmosphere. The diversity will do it and of course this will be only in my blogs.


"I'll Be Around" by the Mills Brothers.

Uncle Wes said he and his wife Sandi enjoyed the DVDs I gave them. I also distributed a couple of CDs from Dance Vision at the same table, one for Paul and one for Sandi.


They are definitely getting a bigger crowd and perhaps once a month is just fine. But who knows they may require another day per month eventually. Perhaps even somewhere else.

I had to leave early to get the last C bus home, but a got a couple of shots of Yanna giving her mini-lesson of Rumba to the attendees but just too dark. The crowd is getting bigger and I personally invite more of you to come and enjoy a once a month dance adventure with your fellow dancers.

I got to the bus stop at Ala Moana Center with five minutes to spare and I was home before ten. Tired but happy. Got on the preliminaries of this blog and conked out.

"Tradition in our world of dance on Oahu is a way of doing things
that keeps us from doing them better."

No comments:

Post a Comment