Sunday, January 30, 2011

HBDA rolling along

I got most things going right all day, Saturday and I was taking it slow. I was in no hurry. My friend Mabel on the 4th floor pressed 3 pairs of my pants and I got ready for the evening at the HBDA function.

"The process of growth is lifelong."

I wanted to get there with enough time and I have so many things to do. I planned on getting there about 7:20 and if I could do all, I could even leave at 8 and get to the last C bus at the Ala Moana Center to get back to Nanakuli.

As per usual, things can go wrong. The traffic in Chinatown held us up and it even was bad going into Waikiki. I did not get to the ballroom until eight. But we have to just accept that things will not always be what we expected.

Got to the famous Palladium and the place was jumping. My favorite people from my side of town, Kapolei Chapter at the reception table. Yes, we missed Nora. But why not get a few of our other good friends in too. And I got lots of things to do. I arready know the names of these people so I didn't bother.


I don't have much time and I make the rounds, find the instructors with American Style dancing for their CDs. I also gave one to DJ Mike Chinen, I find I am running out early. I apologize now to Debra, but just much to do, even forgot about getting the quotes.

I went back while waiting for someone to get me somebody from the Windward. But she was dancing with her favorite partner. Then I danced one with Nieves since Tim wasn't around and I had never had a dance with her before.


Fortunately I have another stash of CDs at home to give away. The only one remaining was the Country Dancing disk.  I will give it to Jim Brierley and he will know what to do with it. In the photo above, Mr. Klein declined.


I only danced one more dance and that was with Miriam Quemada. (American Rumba with a Salsa basic) I am getting some good feedback. I was informed that I did not need the names because, the people I take are well known and they are usually the same ones. Right!

So we must get photos from others to get their "Point Of View." Meanwhile I will try to get some new people in the photos to present to our readers and get the names in so that more people know each other. Then perhaps too we can get more information contributors too.

"You Get What You Give" by the New Radicals

I left, early enough to get the E bus on Kuhio. which goes through town, but the driver had to get some teen agers off the bus, then made a phone call to The Bus offices or to the police. I was worried that I would miss the #40 bus at Waipahu Transit. The driver got it all straightened out in ten minutes and we are on our way again. The bus driver knows that he can up the speed on the freeway a little.

Got to the Waipahu Transit Center on time but the #40 bus was late. Packed to gills with people. The wheels in the bus administration, that are making all the decisions, do not have the faintest idea that people would be willing to ride in comfort but not like sardines or with standing room only. Dumb Dodos.

"Sh-Boom (Life Could Be A Dream)" by the Crew Cuts

To compound the situation, some teen agers reflect badly on their ethnic roots (whatever they may be) with sitting in the front section while older people are standing. Auwe! The parents were well taken care of by their parents. But the present parents are not doing very well with their kids. Material goods yes, education and common politeness are not in the priorities.

I got a seat early and had a pleasant ride home. I got home fine, got the bike off the bus, I shaka to the driver and he shakaed back and that's Nanakuli.

I had enough to finish what I had left in my jug and make another R & C. before making myself a snack and finish the preliminaries on this blog.


On a Nanakuli T-Shirt
"I am not paid enough to kiss your ass."

No comments:

Post a Comment