Saturday, January 8, 2011

Friday at Honolulu Club

Everything went well during the day and I got ready at six. Got the bike on the C bus at almost 7:15, a little late. The last stop was in front of the Main Library at 8:25. Not bad. Biked it over to the Honolulu Club and I was a bit early.

Greg at the reception desk. A nice Latin hug, and everything seemed to be going good. Nice bunch of people all around and I went around trying to get a good photo for the viewers. Spotted, Mike, an old friend from Kapolei. Got the photo along with some other friends there.

Hugh Howell, Rick Mahoney, Mike Vincent and daughter Kiki.

Got my first drink, (they are getting smaller) this happens all the time where the customers are not drinking enough. Usually points in the right direction. The action going right nicely on the dance floor.


Plenty to do off the floor. Goodies all over the place.


People still hesitate, they think I am going to charge money for the photos. And of course some people deal that way. They are just going to have to learn that my way, they can get the photo right off their computers anytime they want. No charge.


I called for "Agua," water in Spanish, means they are
burning up the floor.


They are here to dance. However, Salsa is getting to be more "tricks"
and the more tricks the better. Not like Da Reel Teeng.


Got a terrific group of people here. Da cream of the crop. Solid dancers.

I had a nice set of photos and the time was ripe to make my good connections. Got a nice quote just before I left, "Keep on dancing and Happy New Year" from Greg "the Salsaman."

"Moliendo Cafe" by Azucar Moreno

I left early and biked down to Alakai and the bus stop. the E bus was there in less than ten minutes. It gets on the freeway all the way to Waipahu transit center.

Waited about ten minutes for the "slow boat" the #40 bus and fortunately it had room for one more bike on a three bike rack. Got home with a little "time solution" left and got on the preliminaries of this blog. Ate a small snack and conked out.


“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That’s why we call it the present.”

No comments:

Post a Comment