Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Al Franz Showcase

Things went right and then they went wrong. Just one of those days in the life of a blogger. By the time I showered and started to get ready it was almost six pm. I was going to put my socks on and I looked out the window and it was raining pitchforks and shovel handles.

"All diseases run into one, old age."

I threw the socks into the basket. I am willing to get home soaked from a rain, but I cannot go to a function soaked. However by 6:10 it started to slow down. By 6:20 it was drizzling and soon stopped. I was going.

The bus was late as per usual, but I got to town before eight. The #19 at Ala Moana Center was ready to go and I got the bike on it and I was on it. Got to the Pacific Beach Hotel just a little after eight. Not bad all the way from Nanakuli.

Lost names but everybody knows everybody.

So many beautiful people there. Just a real dance fun group. Cameras all over the place and they were enjoying taking their own pictures to have and to hold. The exhibitions were of course, top notch. Many got semi-standing ovations from their good friends in attendance.

I keep asking. "You willing to share them with your fellow dancers, this is the blog to do it in." Most think this is some money making scheme. Later for them. I suspect they have to be careful with the professionals. But that ain't us.

Same thing here.

I got some nice pictures but I am still learning. Too much lighting in the background and I must find a way of holding the camera a little steadier. I will try the string method next time. A string around your neck and hold it taut with your arms outstretched. Then I must keep better track of the names.

Couples: Romeo & Tessie Cabral, Leo and Virgie Corcino,
Greg & Aida Ancheta, Ed & Remy Brion, Tito and Hae Yun Magsanoc. The people that recovered the camera and gave it to Marie.

I left in time to get a bus to Ala Moana, but I soon realize that I did not have the camera. I went back up to the Grand Ballroom and nothing there. So I came back down and by that time it was too late for the buses.

I decided to bike it. I went over to Ala Wai Blvd, clear, not too many people on the way. I could feel the pressure on my heart but not too bad. I got to the Ala Moana Hotel with a minute to spare. Cannot make it all the way to the regular terminal. I decided to wait at the Hotel bus stop. The #40 bus got there in a minute.

Fortunately I had my booze container and my music, so it was a pleasant trip except for the fact that I had lost my camera. However I cannot booze as often as I use to, so I have got to get my DVD player going again.

Got home at a little after 12:30 and got on the email. Terrific news from Marie, the camera was still there. So all I can do is try and as I get older I have to be more careful in my faults, specially my memory.

"Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time)" by Delfonics

A woman walks into a sporting goods store and asks the salesman if he could help her pick out a rifle. "It's for my husband," she explained.

The clerk asked, "Did he tell you what caliber to get?"

She replied, "Are you kidding? He doesn't even know that I am going to shoot him."

Pub's Note: For more and better coverage of the Dance Hawaii Ball, tune in on Frank's Dance Connection blog. Really extensively nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment