Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Moiliili

Tuesday was filled with plenty of interesting work, I had a good lunch, worked nicely on my computer and get sleepy about one PM. But I can't sleep, I've got to go. I didn't even shave, I finished what I had to do and got the after 2:00 C bus.
"Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else."
~ Will Rogers

Plenty traffic on the coast, and late to Kapolei. Caught up a little on the freeway but then more traffic in town. Got to Marie's office about 4:25. Almost two hours to get there.

Met some of the people and lucky Marie had the camera that I forgot at the Al Franz Showcase. And I got a nice picture of Marie's office, ADLRO office.
(Administrative Driver's License Revocation Office.)

Photo from left to right:  Bert Tomacu, Susan Webler, Marie Laderta, Nicole Morricon, Joyeren Gante and Clayton Zane.

Had a chance to sit down and rest a while. Nice conversation and I accepted a bottle of water. Put it in my briefcase for later. I had other things to do and left shortly after.

"Turn Back the Hands of Time" by Tyrone Davis

The library is no longer open in the evenings on Tuesdays. I use to live in this neighborhood. Then I went to the bike shop and purchased a red blinking light to attach to the back of my hat.


Still early and decided to bike it to Walmart but nothing there and got back to the Moiliili Community Center at about 6:30 PM.

The Moiliili Community Center (MCC) is a private, non-profit agency that provides the residents of Moiliili and surrounding communities with support, services, and other programs.

It traces its roots to the founding of a Japanese language school in a private home in the late 1800's and the purchase of the present site in 1928. Founded as a council in 1942, it was formally chartered as an association in 1945, and renamed the Moiliili Community Center in 1965. One of the very few community centers with ballroom or line dancing on Oahu.

Dance Moiliili was having line dancing when I got there. I gave a couple CDs to the instructors, Patrick Watarai and Lynn Miller and I told them that I wanted to get a couple photos.

They started the first dance class and I got the first photo. Not bad. As elsewhere they were short of men. So I helped out. Stayed until the end of the first class and then got the second photo.

"Easy Come, Easy Go" by Bobby Sherman

From left to right: Elena Hamm, Patrick Wakarai, Patty Duke,
Manny Carreon, Lynn Miller and Tony Caluya.

Good crowd and will get even better yet. They have two good teachers and many will end up being good social club members, studio club members and/or night club members. I remember Aloha Dance Club use to have dances right in the very same room, many years ago.

I left a little after 8 and I was a little worried. I took a few chances I shouldn't have. I always figure I am pretty safe "if" I don't hurry. Got there with about five minutes to spare. Not bad.

While waiting for the bus, I got a little thirsty no water fountains, but plenty of soda pop machines around there.

After I got on bus, I remembered the bottle from Marie. My lucky day. Got home before ten and caught up with everything.

Though I realize I have to do some reorganizing of my computer work. I felt good and tired and time to conk out.


"Time And Life Is Made Up Of Captured Moments"

No comments:

Post a Comment