Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dance Hawaii

I left in time to get the "after 6:30 C bus," which gets me to Kapolei by 7, to Middle street by 7:30 and to Ala Moana before 8. Got to Dance Hawaii at the Pacific Beach Hotel a little after 8:15.

Met Reggie first thing and we exchanged pleasantries and I looked inside and Whatta Crowd! Not only that but it definitely seem to be composed of Da Reel Teeng. Dancers! Our kind of dancers!

Cameras all over the place and the people were having fun taking pictures. I mean you could feel that this was where it's at. Even though there may be groups planning to stop this kind of nonsense.

Photo on right: Seated; Aubrey, Rick, Luby and Rose.
Standing; Ray, Robert, Amy, Helen and Mel.

A photo (above) of some long time friends, from the ballroom and also from Waipahu. I was having some trouble with the first two photos and Robert pointed out that I had it on Auto. He fixed it. What do I know?

Got the next photo (on left) of the Visorias and friends. Many of which I knew from the old Filcom days. However, I could still see the blur in the window when taking the photos.

Photo at left: Seated; Sylvia, Sally, Bernice, Florence and Benj.
Standing, Tony, Chris, Vicky, Lasting and Fil Bartolome.


Another person mentioned later that I probably was a good picture taker but certainly not a photographer. I think he is right. When I got home I found that it was on the lens.

The Visorias will be starting classes at Waipahu District Park on the Wednesday the 26. I gotta be there and it is time to get some good people from that group. They have a solid group of dancers and I know of lot of "good people" there.

Photo on right: Seated; John, Ann, Bob, Diane and Sandy.
Standing; Aiko, Derek, Joe, Eleanor, Creighton, Bev and Roy 


Got a photo (on left) of another group of long time friends that I do not see very often because we are in different Dance clubs. But we seem to be still friends, they are good people and I certainly wanted the photo.

At home I cleaned the lens, checked and all OK now. I apologize to all the people that were blurred and I will take a special photo of each at the earliest opportunity.

Photo on left: Couples; Ray & Susan Edomoto, Jimmy &
Mae Matsumoto, Roy Ohye & Karen Nakagawa,
Stanley & Annie Nakamura and Eugene & Nancy Shen.

Met Ivan John and he was very pleasantly cordial, I may have made an error in judgement of Hawaii Gardenia. I am always looking for friends. And then met a lady I thought had appreciated our intent to help. Now she has convinced me she would rather "not." I insist on telling everyone that these decisions are made by the other parties and then I respectfully comply.

The dance floor looked good. I really and truly have not seen so many people dancing at one time at any of the hotel functions. And I go to quite a few of them. These are definite Club Dancers. I should have stayed a little longer. So I am still learning even in my old age.

I left early, but just missed the #40 bus. I must remember to give myself at least 20 minutes to get to Ala Moana. I went to the nearest bar and had a Rum & Coke, not doing my medications any good. Got home almost one AM.


“Every problem has in it the seeds of its own solution. If you don’t have any problems, you don’t get any seeds.”

No comments:

Post a Comment