Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Tea Dance, the beginning

Whatta Wednesday. Things going just beautiful in my old age. And I, within myself, thank all the people that helped me to get to this place. It's just the berries.
"Happiness is what overtakes us when we forget ourselves,
when we learn to open our eyes in optimism and close
the door on the face of defeat."

Got ready early to do some errands before going to the Tea Dance. Got to town before six and got the batteries for my cameras at Fisher's. Then got the #1 bus going East. Got off in front of the Blaisdell and they were having some kind of fair. Unfortunately it was sprinkling. I walked the bike over to the Honolulu Club.

Found the place for bikes, so that it wouldn't get wet. Nice. P-2 level, and I got the elevator to the 7th floor. The place wasn't jumping and I am accustomed to getting there when Honolulu Salsa is having their party. The drinks are better for the money at the Ilikai, but let us face it, Rome was not built in a day and this was the very first day for the Tea Dance

Got one very nice picture but unfortunately I could not get the computer to recognize the memory card. Had the same trouble before and just bought another memory card. But something else must be wrong and I have contacted Ubuntu for a solution. --  Now after three days, I was able to recover the photo.

"I Let A Song Get Out Of My Heart" by Marie Rivers.


Hosnak, Bill, Sharon, Pepe and Rainbow

Danced with Sharon and I discovered that not only can she dance the American and International Styles but she can also dance "socially." Terrific. She can follow perfectly.

I also had the opportunity to reacquaint myself with Rainbow. I was very pleasantly astounded to see her dance by herself to the music on the dance floor, and move only when her body asked for it. Just beautiful. Not many can do that. They get stifled early in their life and are not able to let themselves go with the music.

I finished my drink and told them I intended to get the C bus going to the Waianae Coast that leaves Ala Moana Center at 7:35. Next time I will go a little later and stay a little later.


"Music, Music, Music" by Theresa Brewer

Remember the words to this song? "Put a nickel in the Nickelodeon." A long time ago, and even when it went to a quarter it could not compete with the free music in most any place. But we all accept that as Life Goes On.

Direct from Marie Laderta:

Ola Pepe!

Here is the announcement for the Mardi Gras social dance at the CUPOLA a la
Divino Ritmo!

We hope you are able to stop by also. Here it is:
-----------------------------------------------------------

Mardi Gras at the CUPOLA

Hey hey, Tuesday, March 29th, 7-10pm is Divino Ritmos's social dance and
celebration of Mardi Gras at the Cupola!  Cupola is on the 2nd floor of the
Honolulu Design Center, corner of Piikoi & Kapiolani, at 1250 Kapiolani
Blvd.

Admission is FREE and it's open to the public, with pupus and drinks
available for purchase all evening!

The Mardi Gras has its origin from the French Catholic who celebrated with
great fanfare prior to the fasting season, typically with dancing, singing, parades, costumes, and opulent masks.  Mardi Gras is French for "Fat Tuesday" referring to the practice of eating foods rich in fat in preparation for the religious obligation of fasting during Lent.  It is basically the "FEAST before the FAST."

So, come feast with Lucas & Yanna at the Cupola in true Divino Ritmo
style...

"Down at the Cupola
Where the blues will flow
It takes a cool cat
Like Lucas to show
How a mean mambo will go
Yanna's there with the mambo beat

The Mardi Gras, mambo, mambo, mambo
Party Gras, mambo, mambo, mambo
Mardi Gras, mambo-ooh
Down at Cupola


CupolaMardi Gras at the CUPOLA
Where the dancers all meet
There's a Mardi Gras mambo
With a beat
Join Divino Ritmo's gang
And truck on down Where the mambo's swing..."

(Sung to the tune of the "Mardi Gras Mambo," by the Hawketts,
YouTube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1fBDVNn1pU)

For more info, contact:
Lucas: divinoritmo@aol.com, ph: (917) 568-3173;
Yanna: Yannajs@gmail.com, ph: (732) 499-0407.

No comments:

Post a Comment