Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hawaii Gardenia Circle

Friday morning I did not go to sleep until 5 AM. Once I was certain that I was home free. The ocean level at Nanakuli is about 15 feet or more from the mound of dirt between the beach and Farrington Highway. The tsunami made it rise 10 or 12 feet so it never even got over onto Farrington.

 "When at last you have eaten your fill of the feast of life, leave a tip."

I had prepared one of my shelves, a 1 x 12 board about 8 feet long. If the water did come into my apartment I could wait until it got past the window level, knock out the window and surf my way out on the board.


Anyway, I woke up late and tired. Went out and looked around and everything looked the same, probably because it was the same. So I prepared to go to town.

I wanted to go early and leave early. Calvin would be there and he will surely come up with a terrific blog in Town Dancer. I wanted to get my exercise walking so I left the bike home and I got there about seven. They let me in and I asked if I could take a photo of the reception desk. Got a dilly, too many to get the names but every body knows them anyway.


This club is getting to be less rootzi-tootsi and more real
social dance, kids all over the place. Just a perfect representation. 

Danced a few, and cased joint, went around a couple of times. Hard to find the kind of photo I like. Then all of a sudden I realized it might be too late to get the last C bus going to Nanakuli. So I stayed to see the show. There were some good dancers in the mock competition. And the crowd seem to have their favorites.

Nice friendly competition is natural. Some were doing the steps they were taught and very well. But a few couples were moving their bodies to the music so that you really did not notice the steps except that the entire thing looked good, they were really dancing.

Then the Great Exhibition of course, was da reel teeng. Andrea Faraci and Iveta Pauryte, were two very good dancers and they worked to get to be superb show business dancers too. There seem to be supporters from Honchos in the various others dance clubs too. Unfortunately, there were too many spectator type dancers that left with their bentos.

"Amargura" by Stanley Black

I was hungry and decided to get a bento and took it with me when I left about nine pm. Then something screwy at the bus stop and I missed the E bus, which could take me to Waipahu Transit Center, freeway all the way, then get the #40 bus to Nanakuli.

I thought about going to the Honolulu Club, but no bike. So I got the next 8 bus to Ala Moana Center, but too early. So I walked around to Kona street and got the #40 bus at ten and got home before twelve. I need more walking because I was creaking on the way home after sitting for over an hour and a half.


"You have two chances of making good without working,
slim and none."

No comments:

Post a Comment