Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tea Dance at the Ilikai

Nice day Tuesday, and got ready early so I could stop by the Library in town and get some CDs. The sun was shining and got to the Library about 4:30 pm.They had what I was looking for and went across the street to get the first bus going East.

"Weak People wait for opportunities. Strong People make them."

By luck I got the next C bus going to Ala Moana Center, Nice ride cutting across the parking area, come out on Atkinson and Ala Moana. A hop and skip over the bridge and I am there.

Got to the Ilikai about five, and the people on the receiving were very nice and told me I could park the bike on the side. Good enough for me.

Inside, I took a look-see and as expected there was no one there. So I cased the joint from the outside and went around the lobby area. And when I came back, Ivan John was there and told me to come in. I wanted to see how it starts. The bartender making his set up, Ivan has already help set up some tables and some people began to come in.

"There Will Never Be Another You" by Andy Williams

I could see it was going to be slow. Not enough people know about it yet. You tell one hundred people and ten will show up. You gotta know the odds. No early birds. There will be, I guarantee it.

The ones that get off work early will be there. That is still to be determined. Last time was not our crowd. Most of our people saw that. Our crowd has a lot of inertia. Takes a while before they move and then you can't stop them.

Got my first Rum and Coke and sat at a table. Shortly after, Sharon began her Dance Classes and a nice beginning crowd. Next week there will be more.

A different style, different step pattern? Why not?
Calvin and Debra came in shortly afterward and beckoned me over to their table, with the Chuns and Ivan John. Had a few dances and looked around and got nice photo of some long time friends.


Bert Burgess, Gayle Kawahakui, Carl Price, Gayle Sunabe, Monday and Stephanie Verzon and Deanie Bates. Most Aiea Dance Club members.

Had a couple more dances and got another Rum and Coke, my "dizzy" was not slowing. It usually does. I can usually control it pretty good and I hate to take pills. In fact sometime they don't work and I don't even know if I can take them with alcohol.

Finally got a photo of my table, I hope to be able to get a couple of new tables for next week.


Calvin and Debra Ota, Ivan John, Mike and Lorie Chun.

I was too late for the 7:05 bus and then too late for 7.35, I thought I had better leave in time and make sure I get the 8:05. Just made it to Ala Moana, got home at 9:30. Not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment