Friday, April 22, 2011

Not So Good

Club Dancer the blog is definitely falling behind in the hits. We get plenty of routine flyer kind of information but no real contacts. I get what I can but not enough enthusiasm from the potential beneficiaries.
"We spend our time searching for security and hate it when we get it."

So it is imperative that I look for more people that can use a little free publicity with a little kokua in the process. Of course, some are worried about the eventual cost which is pretty normal in the business nowadays. So they must understand that a blog is not the case, specially a blog that was designed to be Social Media.

I get good kokua from Kapolei Chapter, HBDA, with very good results in the Platinum Horseshoe blog. Perhaps I could visit Kalihi Chapter and see if we could develop a better contact, get them more publicity and run up more hits for Club Dancer.

"Are You Ready?" By Pacific Gas and Electric

Perhaps I can get Parents Without Partners again, they used to be a couple blocks from where I lived. That's on Tuesday, so I have the possibility of getting to Washington Intermediate and then the Belly Dancers at Al Franz Studio on the same trip to town.

Then Sharon Liu may have something going steady in May, I just get routine flyers. I could find a way to get some photos and a few quotes to make a nice write up. And with classes at Arthur Murray it would be a double blessing for all concerned.

I haven't been able to get to Honolulu Club for Greg's Salsa session, but I have to get it in soon. I had the day free Friday but Thursday I spent three hours on a round trip to Aliamanu for nothing. Then I have another, HBDA at Aliamanu for Saturday. I can rest on Sunday.


Town Dancer blog is still leading the pack way out in front of whatever is is second place. I have put my blogging for Town Dancer down to level 3 and they are doing just fine.

Then I have the new one, Baile Mestizo, covering the Latin dances and that is going to take some work. Many places in Waikiki and in town that have live bands, play Latin music. It has always been there.

And ordinary night club dancers make various attempts at dancing what they think is Latin. Of course you also have the ones that are good social Latin dancers too. At any rate the music that the entire crowd enjoys. Now if the band can take a one minute break, (like the old times) it would give the dancers  a little time to take a sip or two from the drinks already on the table.

With Baile Mestizo, we expect to put out more information about the Latin dances and perhaps there will be a night club with that specialty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment