Sunday, April 10, 2011

Arthur Murray and Havana Nights

Saturday was nice, plenty to do and plenty of time to do it  Showered at 4:30 and was ready to go at 5:30. Got the C bus at about 5:45 and I was at Office Depot in town before seven pm. Had some things to copy there and left in time to get to the Ilikai by 7:30.
"Everyone wants to succeed, some want to succeed so badly,
they are willing to work for ft."

Plenty of hula exhibitions which lasted over an hour, which was nice for the dinner patrons. I failed to get more information of the group, but I should have, to appreciate their efforts.


Made contact with Giselle and I asked for some help to get the right photos. I needed the photos of the wheels. But she certainly was a very busy girl and I don't like to intrude.

Then she introduced me to another lady and I explained the blog. Not a newsletter, or a web site. This is something unique, but if I am still learning I must understand that they are not certain.


Took this photo on the run and did not notice the lens not opening all the way. It looks like I deliberately took an "artistic" photo.


Another "artistic" photo of the happy diners. Never had this trouble before with my other cameras. Maybe this one has got to go.

It became evident that this was for our "other" group, the spectator division. The hula dancers can be understood while the people are still dining. And they also had some nice exhibitions but there wasn't much social dancing.


So they were having games too.

This was evidently the same case as for other "Extravadanzas" in Honolulu, many people leave after the exhibitions because they were sold tickets to a show, they leave after the show is over - - -.

I must mention that a Rum & Coke at the Ilikai is more like Da Reel Teeng than anywhere else. I'm willing to take a weak Rum & Coke but not helpless.

Then I was introduced to another young lady and went through the explanations again of a blog. Can't blame them. I find myself in the development stages too,  but she agreed to the photo.

Tessie Cabral, Jenn Luke-Payne, Shauna Mukai & Alysia Himoto
Got a nice quote: "Arthur Murray is a great dance studio with
amazing ballroom instructors. It is a fun, unintimidating
atmosphere where you can learn ballroom dance
and have a good time." ~Alysia Himoto.

I explained that this is only the first blog on Arthur Murray. Perhaps we can do better with the next one. For one thing there was little "Latin" music and I had been enticed with Havana Nights. The best one was Luis Miguel (Mexican) singing "La Puerta Se Cerro" which translates to the "The Door Has Closed."

For the Latin fans out there, the words that follow are what make it more significant. "Detras de ti y nunca mas volviste aparecer." The door has closed "behind you and you never appeared again." Beautiful lyrics. And then Giselle and partner danced it, not da reel teeng, naturally, but just about the best "exhibition" bolero I have ever seen.

"Moliendo Cafe" by Azucar Moreno

Most people had left by 9:30 and I prepared to leave. Got my bike unlocked and it was a short ride to the Ala Moana Center. With two very  good drinks I have to be careful as I ride the bike back.

The bus was on time at 10 PM and I opened the computer to do some work and I played my music in the computer with my deluxe earphones.  Just beautiful. The work is easy when the bus is stopped but difficult when the bus is moving. I was able to get five Titles for Baile Mestizo blog completely in transparency. And of course, I had my "time solution" to help, on the way.

The computer battery gave out at Honokai Hale and I closed it up, got home before midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment