Sunday, April 3, 2011

HBDA Inaugural Ball

Nice day Saturday, got most of my things done and got ready at 4:00, Checked the batteries on the camera. The 5:15 bus was early and I got to the Palladium about 6:45. Not bad, nice and early.
"You have two chances of making good without working,
slim and none."

At the Palladium, I got a place at the bike rack but sometimes all the spaces are taken by two wheeled powered vehicles. Happens in other places too. They should have a bike rack some where else for people with ordinary bikes.

Went upstairs and waved hello to so many nice people already dining "al fresco" on the lanai. I learn more every day. Next time, I should get a photo of that Lanai dining, that's Social.

But I always have had the first photo of the reception table. So I will change.


Seated: Leslie Wynhoff, Danielle Nobbe, Ginger Akuna
and Bill Wynhoff. Standing, Eugene Higa, Don Smith,
Millie and Mike Chun.


The photo was a little fuzzy. Went around "casing the joint" and greeting all my friends and they get more everyday. Just terrific. Then I got a chance to get a photo of the Pearl City people. Not much of them in the news, but they have no one to contribute the news. Tough.

Seated: Elsa Navares, Danny Ramos, Lillia Toletino,
Angie and Joe Domingo.

The people in back did not know they were in it. I will have to get them next time. Another mistake of mine, the reflection of the flash in the glass. Makes the people in the middle fuzzy. Then at home I noticed the lens on the camera do not close all the way. Dirty.

"Chariots Of Fire" from the movie

Of course, there are my old friends from Kapolei and I had to get a picture of them. There were plenty of photographers there too. The write up from Nora Dionisio, President of Kapolei Chapter and the photos they contributed were crucial in the hits of the Platinum Horseshoe blog going though the roof.


The Kapolei gang, some of the finest people in the place.
Made another mistake, not back far enough.

Two days into the month of March, Platinum Horseshoe who had been in the cellar is now number 2 behind Town Dancer. Just mind boggling. Kapolei Chapter is doing it. With a little help from Waipahu, who knows what will happen with Platinum Horseshoe blog in the next few weeks.

Had a few dances here and there with some very fine ladies. and then the installation of the new officers, I got ready to leave and try to get the last Express bus going to Nanakuli.

Went to the Ice box and filled my container with ice. Had a few sips on the Lanai and it was too strong.  No harm done, it can get me going. I went back and filled it up again with ice cubes and left.

Got the first bus going to Ala Moana with plenty of time and the last C bus going to Nanakuli. Home before 10 PM and got on the computer to get the preliminaries. Like I said it was a nice day.

Pub's Note: Additional comments and photos welcomed. Could make another blog. And yes, the CDs you have been getting are from Dance Vision in Las Vegas. They know I don't sell them, I give them away, mostly to instructors.



"It is getting harder and harder to support the government in the style
to which it has become accustomed."

No comments:

Post a Comment