Monday, July 26, 2010

West Coast Swing Dance Club

No one really knows what the name of this club is. We are gradually going to get organized, at least in these pages.

I left home in Nanakuli early, The sun was still shining and I could see out into the sea, "On a clear day, you can see forever." Anyone remember that song?

I got the bike on the C bus at about 5:40 PM Sunday evening and got to Ala Moana Center before seven and with my nice music, easy. A short bike ride to Kapiolani and Kalakaua and I got the #2 bus going to Waikiki. Get off on Kuhio and another short bike ride to the Ballroom at the Golf Course.

I was at the Ballroom a little after seven and not too many people there. But as usual, they are all nice and friendly people. Talked to several people about getting some dancing news in the blogs. Some pictures would help. There are always some that think they are doing you a favor. Those have to be dropped like a hot potato

Anyway I got a good photo of some people to put in the blog.

Just got some ot the gang, will have to go back and get that
special 4 couple photo.

I had my "time solution" in a beautiful new flask thermos, and I filled it with ice from the kitchen. Then I got this poster from Joe Gerarden and I told him I would try to include it in the blog.

While waiting for the first bus, I just sip, and sip. The #19 bus, just fine, going to Ala Moana Center. Got there in time to get the last C bus going to Nanakuli.

Then this part which use to be a very boring part of the entire function is now turning into a very pleasant part of it. This time, I had checked out from the Public Library, Big Band Swing Collections on CD. Just the most beautiful music for a person my age to hear.

Opus One by Tommy Dorsey, Begin the Beguine by Artie Shaw, Cherokee by Charlie Barnett, In the Mood by Glen Miller. Woodchopper's Ball by Woody Herman, I'll Never Smile Again by Tommy Dorsey and Frank Sinatra on the vocals, etc etc. Wow!

I can consider myself fortunate in growing up with these classics. And now going over them again with my Rum & Coke solution and the panorama that I can see from the bus, it is worth more than the price of admission.

Got to the bus stop in Nanakuli before ten and some goodies at the Sack & Save and made myself another Rum & Coke at home. Got on the computer, a snack and I am out.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
Ten Millenniums ago

No comments:

Post a Comment