Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dance St Louis

I went to Aliamanu to help set up and make sure there were no problems with opening for the Tuesday lessons. The Yee's always come early to do the line dancing and one of the student helped me put up the table and set up the water and coffee. My partner showed up about 6:15 pm and we took off for Dance St Louis. I had to take her or hear about not having a partner to dance with when I got back.

This will be the second week of lessons at Dance St Louis. I was going to help Roxanne Kaino with the registrations while she taught the line dancing. It is very popular with a lot of the Dancers. More so with some students than the Ballroom lessons. Traffic was not bad, so it did not take long to get there. The location is in the St Louis Alumni Club House on Isenberg Street. It a nice place to to have dance classes. It has A/C and a good floor. Very clean place. Parking seems to be OK. I took a spot on the City Parks side of the street. They also had parking in the back of the building.

The Lions Club were meeting at the same time so parking there was limited. The bank next door had validates parking. The Club House has a bar and a place to eat, called "Da Kitchen". Every thing you could want.

This seems to be a late arriving group, like all Ballroom Dancers. Not too many for the Line Dancing. Cullen and Cheryl Chong are the instructors for the Night Club 2 Step. and Robert and Vanelle Hirayasu for the Argentina Tango. These are good young instructors. They ended up with about 20 dancers. Not too bad for a new dance site. Half of them were people I know or have seen at the Ala Wai. The rest were new to me. They seem to be from the local area. I could not stay long, had to get back to Aliamanu to help close up.

Side note: I am looking froward to HBDA Anniversary Ball on August 7. I have a few friends dancing in some of the routines. This is the first time in about 10 years that I will not be in a routine. Cost is $20. If you buy in advance you will get a bento. Same price at the door that night, you may not get a Bento. So buy early. You can warm up for the Ball by coming to Radford on the Friday, August 6. This is a Furlough Friday event. Hope to see you at one or both events. This is good cheap fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment