Saturday, July 17, 2010

Honolulu Club

This is the latest time for me to leave for a downtown excursion. Got the bike on the C bus at about 7:45 pm in Nanakuli. Got off in front of the main library and got the #2 bus within a few minutes and I was at the Honolulu Club by 9:00 pm. That's pretty good time.

“In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is a big difference.”

Ran into Kanya and she is helping in Rod Tam's campaign and wanted a photo of her group for my blog. She mentioned that Rod would be there in about a half hour and she would introduce me. OK by me.

"Llevame"
por Los Amaya

Said my hellos, got my Rum & Coke, and began to deliver the last copies of the zine to my friends. I am getting to Greg about some info and photos for the blogs. I also met others that are thinking about it. It just takes time. Got a photo with my new camera of the dance floor. I am learning, came out a little too fuzzy.

"Se Acabo" por Lucia Mendez

Then a few more sips and trips around the room and I got a photo of some nice people.

Evelyn, Joy, Filip, and Yumi. Yumi I know from the Cupola.

Then Kanya came over with Rod and introduced us and we made arrangement to get the photo right outside the Lounge. Best picture of the night, six people. Now that is Da Way.

Arsenio and Susan Tejada, Greg, the Salsaman, Rod Tam,
Jo Kerns and Kanya Yi.


Had my second drink and Meanwhile, I had been trying to get a photo of Susan and her friends. She mentioned that her usual bunch was not there and I came back now and then to see if I could get at least five. No dice. So being as it is Susan, I got a photo of three.

Joyce Liva, Sandra Moilunay and the famous Susan Tagawa.

Went around a couple more times but then I figured enough photos until next time. I left at 10:15 and rode the bike down to Alapai. The E bus was there at 10:30 and I put the bike on it. Standing room only. Then getting on the freeway, a nice young lady offered me her seat. I was getting tired by then, so I accepted.

Later on the man next to me got up and she sat down. We talked, she thought I just got off work. I explained and gave her a copy of the zine. And we got to Waipahu Transit before eleven. The #40 bus was there about 10 minutes later and I got home before midnight.
Nice Trip.

And a nice email this morning from Kanya:
Aloha Pepe,
It was so nice seeing you last night at Honolulu Club!

Greg, The Salsaman gave our City Councilman Rod Tam a very nice introduction, he reminded the 70 plus Latin dancers of Rod's supporting and promoting multicultural Hawaii through the last three decades as elected public official. Greg also reminded us to go out and vote Rod Tam for Mayor of Honolulu on September 18 special election.

Many dancers volunteered to help Rod. Thanks for your friendship and your dedication to our community Pepe. Your love and great work inspire many of us over the last ten years. Keep up the good work!

With warmest Aloha and Mahalo,
Kanya Yi

"An opportunist is someone who goes ahead and does something you had always planned on doing."

No comments:

Post a Comment