Wednesday, July 21, 2010

New Dance Sites

Hi. My pen name is Jimbo Johnson. Pepe asked me if I wanted to be a guest writer on his DnD blog. I, of course said Yes. The first thing I want to tell you about is the two new locations in the town area for Dance Hawaii. If you are like me, you more then likely check out all Pepe's blogs when you are on site. So a lot of you are aware of these locations, I will try to be brief.

The first is Dance Honolulu at Washington School on Monday nights. These are International lessons, with Line Dancing at 6 PM led by Roxanne Kaino, a teacher at the school.

At 7 PM, Reggie Gascon and Gayle Kawahakui takes over with the Rumba and at 8 PM the Waltz. I was there Monday for the first class of the quarter to take some pictures. Unfortunately, my camera was giving me a hard time so I missed the chance.

Over at the St Louis Alumni Club House, Dance St Louis has American Social lessons on Tuesdays. Roxanne leads it off again with Line Dancing, followed by the Night Club Two Step by Cullen and Cheryl Chang. Robert and Vanelle Hirayasu follows with the Argentina Tango. This is the first quarter at the Club House and they are looking for good things to happen. Times are the same for both locations.

When you sign up you get all three classes at the location for a $5 Membership and $10 class fee. Membership will be good until 1 Jan 2011. The 10 bucks gets you the Line Dancing and the two Ballroom Dances as a package deal for 8 lesson at that location. If you are looking for a fun time, check these sites out. For other dance locations by Dance Hawaii, go to http://dance-aliamanu.org/
Hope to see you on Aug 7 at Ala Wai for HBDA's Anniversary Ball. I am going to see some of my friends who are dancing in different routines.

"There isn't much thrill to success, unless one has first
been close to failure."

No comments:

Post a Comment