Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Simple

Yes, we need information contributors. Give us one sentence on something that happened in your kuleana, next time it will be easier to give us two. Soon you will be giving us information we are not likely to get somewhere else and that will do it, because you will be sharing it with your fellow dancers. Social Media.

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." ~Alvin Toffler

You will find that if you need knowledge or understanding of a subject—write about it. Not only is it a great way to learn and motivate yourself, it’s also a great way to help other people learn and find motivation. If you want to learn; teach. And it happens every day in social dancing. This is often what many bloggers do. If they waited until they knew everything about their niche before they started, it could be years before they even take the first step towards building a blog.

"Uneasy Rider" by Charlie Daniels

I know very little but I’m also the kind of person who likes to share the knowledge I find. This is also what other bloggers do, they share their knowledge. It has actually been a slow process but one that we should be kicking into a higher gear. It doesn’t matter if you’re on a fast track or a slow track—just being on track is a good thing. But, there comes a time when us slow pokes are ready to take it up a notch.

Then the seven blogs that we have stats on totaled 150 -160 average hits per day for at least two weeks, last month. Then slowly began to go up. They are now at a new plateau of 180 - 190 hit range. I look forward to hitting well over the 200 hit range by the beginning of next month.

"All Shook Up" by Elvis Presley

And I still run things the same way, if they don't need me, " I git thee hell outta dere." I must help those that really need my help. What I saw at Kapolei Chapter, HBDA Monday night was really a sight for these old eyes. Whatta party. On the other side of the planet, so to speak. There is going to be more? You'd better believe it.

I no longer think in terms of the Law of Diminishing Returns. It is still out there but too far for me to see. From my stats, I can see a series of plateaus and we are now in the process of reaching the over 200 hit plateau.

Pub's Note: I don't have a TV and I don't see many movies. So I was glad to be informed of the classifications; If the good guy gets the girl, it's rated PG; If the bad guy gets the girl, it's rated R; and if everybody gets the girl, it's rated X.

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.”

No comments:

Post a Comment