Thursday, September 16, 2010

Makua Alii and Dream To Dance

I wasn't that sure about Waipahu and town is overdue so I planned that instead. Got the bike on the C bus at about 5:10, and settled down with some nice music and a nice comfortable ride all the way into Honolulu. There was some disturbance in downtown, and we had to make a short detour but I still was able to get the #2 bus in front of the Library.

I was at Makua Alii after 6:30. Too early and I waited for a bigger group and got a nice photo. Tad Fukumoto running a nice dance group, Wednesday and Thursday evenings. This is my first Wednesday in years. I have got to get some commentary next time.

Next time I would like to get three couples in dance position,
room for names too.



Then over to Walmart, but couldn't find anything there that I needed. Then since I have not been getting enough exercise, I biked over to Dream To Dance studio. And I got there as the class was over. Lucky enough, with Debby's help, I got a nice group picture. I will get this whole thing figured out yet.

Same thing here, I have to plan on getting three couples in
dance position. And we go around and around with this,
eventually getting everyone.

Raced over to Alapai to try to get the 7:30 C bus (from Ala Moana) but I just missed it. Had to wait for the 8:00 Ala Moana C bus which got there at about 8:15. I got to Nanakuli, bought some things at Sack & Save and was home by 9:30. Not bad.

"Flash Light" by Parliament

A review of the possible blog fans brings me to the conclusion that I have to coordinate the information from Makua Alii and Dream To Dance for a one evening run, maybe every couple months. I should try to get as much information as I can, get some quotations from the dancers, take at least two photos in each and make it into a very interesting blog.

Then find a way to Charlie Castro's Salsa and Bachata classes and DJ Rod's Saturday night Salsa and we have another good blog with information and photos. Of course, the hits will go through the roof.

Of course I cannot attend too often, maybe every couple months, so I must teach them how to email the information and photos and I can make the blog twice a month from Nanakuli. It could develop into the real social media I have been hinting at for awhile.

"Life is about the people around you, and for us it is in the dancing world. It is not in our computer, TV or cellphone."

No comments:

Post a Comment