Monday, September 20, 2010

Aloha Line Dancers

Sunday afternoon, I left at about 5:30 pm, nice time and on the Nanakuli beach they were having quite a party. Fishing, drinks, food, maybe five cars, three or four tents. Lots of the residents enjoying the beach. These are terrifically good people. I put my bike on the C bus that came by in a few minutes and I settled back for a good ride into town.

Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.
~Chinese Proverb

By the time I got out of Nanakuli, I put some music on my disc player. Nice music, thinking, planning and I got to town without running out music. Waited awhile for the 2 bus, and was at the Palladium by 7:15. Not bad. About an hour and half for the complete trip.

According to the current (2010) Guinness World Records website...
"The largest line dance involved 17,000 participants who performed the Cupid Shuffle for 8 minutes at the Ebony Black Family Reunion Tour in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, on 25 August 2007."

Frankly these people at the Pallidium are not about to beat that record here. But they had a nice crowd, mostly women. Sure got to get more men. Hey, you guys, these ladies would like a little male company. I don't think they should make it a strictly ladies club.

I had to get the one man there at the time and the music section seemed to be a good place to get the first photo and with the help of Bev we got it.

Seated: Sam, Pat and Donna. Standing: Bev, Joanne, Dale and Marilyn.

"Join us at the Palladium for a fine evening of Line Dancing. It's not just country, any more." Bev & Sam.

Went around the room a couple of times then with Bev's help I zeroed in on a nice group near the restrooms. Awfully nice people but like I have said before, just need more men in the group. Could develop into even more delightful evenings.

Seated: Penny Richardson, Joanne Inouye, Grace Isagawa,
and Viola Saiyume. Standing:
Aileen Kokubun, Evelyn Maeyoshimoto, Joyce Gushiken and Gertney Short.

"Line Dancing is fun - join us at the Palladium."~Joanne

Pub's Note: You men out there, you can find some of the nicest ladies on Oahu, right here. Come on down. Errors can be corrected, email me.


"The largest room in the world is the room for improvement."

No comments:

Post a Comment