Saturday, September 25, 2010

Greg's Salsa at the Honolulu Club

I left when it was already dark, and the Nanakuli beach was empty. Nothing on the water either. But I could look up and see the moon and the stars. Nice. I put the bike on the "C" bus at about 7:40 and found a seat near the back of the bus. I like to change different places where I sit.

"Si Vuelves Tu" by Eydie Gorme


Put a nice Roberto Carlos CD and it was a nice ride. Got off at the
Main Library and the #1 bus right behind it. Left me off on Ward and rode the bike over to the Honolulu Club building. The music was still going on the CD as I walked into the Honolulu Club. Amazing, I had made good time.

"Tres Deseos" by Ednita Nazario

The lady at the door asked for five dollars but Greg came over and straighten that out. I gave him the DVD dance movie to add to the door prizes and got myself a Rum & Coke. Couldn't find a seat at the bar and Greg got me a seat at a table with a couple of nice ladies.

The people on the dance floor were having a ball. Looked like plenty of bachata, but Salsa was also going strong. A little Merengue now and then to spice up the scene. Most of the dancing is very arm extensive., switching around, turning, in and out, back to back etc.

 Greg Henry, Elva Pantoja Castro, Cecilia Campos, Lisa Wong, Lee
and in back, Anthony Joiner.

Was able to get photo at the door. Passed out cards with the URL of the Dancing in the Dark blog. Quotes: Elva, "Vamos a bailar"; Cecilia, "Bailemos"; Lisa, "Salsa Hawai, Da Best"

Then I went around, plenty people but the crowds were small, There were an awful lot photographers there.  Probably with memory cards, because they were really taking plenty photos.

 Joyce Liva, Grant Woo, Jiang Wang, Greg Henry, Gabriel Apilado
and in back, the famous Salsero Loco.

I got photo above with two of the most prominent photographers in the place. I also told them they could email me a few of their favorite photos for inclusion in the blogs if they wish. Quotes: Grant, "Honolulu Club,where the friendliest people and the best dancers go."; Greg, "Come on down to the Salsa Lounge every Friday night. Learn, laugh and live Latin dance with us."

Greg bought me another Rum & Coke, I took another photo but two of the people disappeared before I could get all the names. Some other time, and I settled down to enjoy the entire scene. Good conversation with Lisa, a lovely lady. Julia McCormick came in late.

And I left at about 10:15. The "E" bus got to Alakai at a little after 10:30 and hit the freeway. Arrived at Waipahu Transit Center before 11:00 and the #40 bus got there late in about 15 minutes. I was feeling no pain. My nice music and my Time Solution in a Thermos flask.

I must have been enjoying my trip because I missed my stop and didn't recognize my surroundings. So I thought I had better get off. Then I realized I must be a mile or so past my regular stop. However, my music was still going and I still could take a sip now & then, making for a very pleasant ride and got home way after midnight.

Hungry and ate, checked out the computer and conked out.

 "It is not death that people should fear,
they should fear never having lived."

No comments:

Post a Comment