Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hawaii star Ball, the kick off

Tuesday evening and I tried again and this time the "C" bus got there only a couple minutes late and I made it fast to the Ala Moana Shopping Center. And on the street, just to the other bus stop about 50 yards down the street and the #8 bus was right behind me.

I got to the Hilton Hawaiian Village about ten to eight. I had made it from Nanakuli to my destination in less that an hour and a quarter. Not bad. Parked the bike at the bike section and found the elevators for they have a map there. I knew it was something like Forest Lawn, but that's a cemetary in Los Angeles. Then I found Great Lawn and went there. Nothing.

I asked someone and they said it was probably across the street. Happen to run into the Ladertas, Numazus, and David, relaxing in the lobby and they said it was "that way" and on the way I asked at a desk and they pointed me in the right direction. it was "Village Green."

Ran into Roger immediately and he mentioned that many had left already, and he pointed out Geoffrey and Geoffrey was surprised. I looked over the terrain and then got my first photo.

Geoffrey and friends enjoying the terrific show

Of course had to get a photo of the good Show, for the show must go on. They were doing just great even with less people, they were pleasing everyone.


And the show must go on. Lucky for the people there.

I like to move around and got another couple photos of the crowd.

 Left side of a good group

The right side of the group

Some people were still snacking and I was even offered something to drink, but I had to cover ground in a short time.

Left early enough to get the bike and noticed the time. I could get the last "C" bus which leaves Ala Moana at 8:35 in about 15 minutes. I wasn't going to wait for a bus and decided to bike it. I made it in ten minutes, waited five minutes and away I went, back to Nanakuli. Lucky I had some good music on my tapes.

I will make tomorrow's write up in the Town Dancer blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment