Saturday, November 27, 2010

Dancing in the Dark in front.

The blogs have been revealing so much lately. I really believe that no one has all the data necessary to really be an expert on dance blogging on these Islands. I have the most data available because of the quantity of my blogs, the stats from my hit counter and a little help from the Blogger stats. Most dance web and blog sites do not even carry a counter, so they simply do not know.

"Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds."

The number one item for a successful blog on our islands is to be social media and this means Information Contributors. This has not been proven yet beyond a reasonable doubt but I have very strong beliefs on this. From the most consistent Information Contributors, you develop the Guest Authors. With ten Information Contributors in each blog, the information available will be sought avidly by all the reader/dancers, shoving the hits up through the roof.

"Money (That's What I Want)" by Barrett Strong"

Next is the amount of blogging one does. I have those indexed by level numbers. Level ten is over 30 blogs per month. Nine is 25 to 30 blogs per month. eight is 20 to 25 and seven is 15 to 20. I don't have enough data to judge those at less than this. All of mine that count are in the level seven. I am also going to start an analysis monthly of hits per blog. I believe the more blogs per month will result in less hits per blog. But I do not know, because I have  never tested it.

Since I try to handle all the blogs as equal as possible, I can see that they differ in hits only slightly. The difference is only one or two average hits per day. And since I start every month new with somewhat erratic results, it takes five to seven days for the average hits to become pretty stable for the rest of the month and not likely to change.

"Green Onions" by Booker T. & The MG's

I have been looking for the law of diminishing returns but I do not see it anywhere yet. I have diluted the readership by having so many blogs so we are definitely in a plateau. When there are more Guest Authors there will be more readership. At present we are getting too many hits from outside our local community of reader/dancers. Perhaps 15 or so every month. So we have a ways to go to establish a strong readership of local dancers.

Dream to Dance is still in the running to establish a weekly dance guide for Dancing in the Dark. I am slowly setting it up as the anchor for the rest of the weekly news. Debby forwards a weekly schedule of Dream To Dance studio. I have to adjust the information to blog it every Monday.

'Time Won't Let Me" by Outsiders

With that in place I can flower the rest of the schedule with Al Franz, the line dancers, the Swing dancers and the Salsa dancers. That should give us a very good solid blog to supplement Town Dancer for downtown Honolulu. Town Dancer will probably lean more to the "Rootzi Tootzis" news. And they have the right to do as they wish. It is still in the plans for first independence, but it must be in first place before I can give it away. Probably on March sometime.

This requires work, so that those that would rather not participate in our endeavors would be gratefully eliminated and we can move on from there to help the ones that can use the help. And God knows there are plenty of those.

Pub's Note: Then there are Franks two blogs, "That's Dancing" and "The Dance Connection." Don't miss either of them, they contain a lot of interesting dance information that we just don't get.

 "What passion cannot music raise - and quell!"

No comments:

Post a Comment