Sunday, November 14, 2010

Aliamanu Intermediate.

Saturday began nicely and just one of those times, it seemed to stay that way. Cleaned up some things, set order in others and I am getting better organized. Did my grocery and got my free goodies at Sack and Save.

"The worst bankrupts in the world are the people
who have lost their enthusiasm."

Showered and shined and got ready to go to town. All quiet on the Nanakuli beach, there were no people at all, no tents, nothing. It was nice and dark when I got the bike on the #40 bus and I was at Aliamanu Intermediate a little after 8:15. It looked pretty good but apparently not everyone was there.

Met Mel and Susan first thing then Willy and Nora and down the line with most of the regulars, and those are the ones we have to promote. This is destined to be an important dance for the West. Especially if not restricted to members only.

"The Boxer" by Simon and Garfunkle

New camera and I got what I thought was my first photo. Unfortunately, I had put the switch on video. Now I have to study the docs and find out how to get the video out since I had everything in my memory card.

Talked to Patty Dela Cruz and she informed me that she is a teacher at Kapolei High School and that stunned me,  We got to work that in some way into a blog for it would be interesting to our reader/dancers. Whatta natural.

Also talked to Mark Dela Cruz about getting information to promote dancing at Pearlridge. Most news is "flyer" kine and we get some nice info from Jimbo Johnson. Gave away a few key chains and got the door prize out by way of Henry Lee.

"Gimme Some Lovin'" by the Spencer Davis Group

Talked to Shirley Ota and we may get some information direct instead of going the long way around through June. At one time, Moanalua Corridor blog coulda been a contendah. If we could of gotten more information from Aiea, things would have been very much better. Newtown was lacking too.

Anyway, this particular dance is a going concern and will be built up with time and a little publicity. We certain will help and for sure there will be many others too. Second and Third Saturday of the month at Aliamanu Intermediate School. Pot Luck, HBDA class review, line and general dancing. Everyone invited. Members free, non-members small donation. You are going to meet some nice people there.

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."

No comments:

Post a Comment