Friday, October 22, 2010

Update on the Blogs

After 20 days of average daily hit analysis, I am fairly certain of the results for the month. The total hits on all seven blogs dropped to below 170 but are now up again. (Amounts to about 5000 hits/month)

"Long life is a blessing if you learn how to use it"

Town Dancer got their "de jure" independence by getting June Kademoto on as co-administrator. She really is just loyal to HBDA but does not flood the blogs with daily advertisements for HBDA. I accidentally deleted myself as administrator and will have to ask June to grant me Administrator rights again.

I shall remain as Administrator until the end of the month to get the side bars straighten out with both Administrators. Guest Authors cannot do that.  Then I shall remain as Guest Author because I have to fill in the posts.

"The Girl From Ipanema" by Stan Getz & Astrud Gilberto

The posting lever will be the same as all the other posts except for Bailando (plans for next year.) I will let no more than two days go by without a post. Of course, sometimes I will have something special and I will have to post it, with only one day, but generally two days.

I hope Calvin and June can help in getting at least two Guest Authors. Then I can resign as Guest Author and Town Dancer will have its "de facto" independence and can carry on. They can change any rules to suit themselves and they will probably get other Guest Authors and get hits on their own very nicely.

"Like a Rolling Stone" by Bob Dylan


I can then dedicate myself to getting the rest of the blogs going and bring the hits up on all of them. The "law of diminishing returns" is still too far in the distance. The "key" for opening up all our blogs is the Guest Authors. The write ups on the "big" doings are beginning to become "standard" newsletter kind. (Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.) Ha!

Whatever, we have to keep seeking and take no one's word for truth, least of all me. Then I can start working on getting the next blog independent. I have already made Jimbo Johnson co-administrator in the Moanalua Corridor blog. We are getting a nice group of people in that section.

No matter how you slice it, I will still have my hands full for a while. And that is fine with me.

“It’s not hard to meet expenses they’re everywhere."

No comments:

Post a Comment