Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Was a Holiday Maker

In Barcelona, taking in the view of the city from Gaudí's magnificent (and still unfinished) Sagrada Família.

I drank more sangria on this vacation than in my entire lifetime. I wish I had some now...

I had café con leche at a local haunt in Valencia. When surrounded by all men, many of whom were drinking beer for breakfast at 9 a.m., I figured best not ask if soy milk is an option! (I did find soy milk elsewhere, more about that later).

Vegetarian paella, 9 euros, at a cafe in Granada, much more humane than the traditional version.

Taking in a flamenco show in Seville.

In Madrid, savoring gazpacho drizzled with olive oil, 3 euros, at Mercado de San Miquel.

Sharing churros con chocolate, 3.50 euros, at Chocolatería San Ginés.

Sipping on mint tea at a cafe in Morocco, I could not believe I never had this delightful beverage before.

I had an unexpected love affair with Lisbon. Its magical Castelo de São Jorge.

Darkening skies would not dampen my spirits in this charming city (remember, I like rainy weather).

More highlights to come, including stops at a vegan deli in Barcelona, a vegan bakery in Seville, and a vegan buffet in Lisbon, oh my my!

No comments:

Post a Comment