Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cupola One

The title is because there may be a Cupola two by Marie Laderta and many more photos. This is developing into a real fun crowd.

"In 60 years, movies have gone from silent to unspeakable"

Anyway, I left home in Nanakuli with plenty of time and got to my usual bus stop with the sun having set by a few minutes. The panorama is ever changing and now with the sun set a few minutes earlier, there were clouds in the sky maybe ten to fifteen miles out with sunlight reflecting. Orange, yellow and even white. Just beautiful. There are lucky people like us in Nanakuli that can witness these things but unfortunately others are not able to witness such beauty.

The bus ride to town is becoming a good time to contemplate and  analyze the past, present and future situation. And so is the time back but much different because then I am sipping my Time Solution.

I got to my destination at a few minutes before seven and there were already a few people there and none in the Halloween Costumes yet. But such a nice crowd evolving, and little by little they were changing into their costumes.

There were different groups attending, not all Divino Ritmo Dance Studio and that makes for very good news. It just maybe developing as the place to go on the last Tuesday of the month. Good people, good fun. Nice Party.

Got a picture of the first group. Gotta be Jesse and Buffy and with table partners, Gloria and Rolly Padasdao. Jesse and Buffy are long time members of our select group of dancers that are developing as the "in" group of dancing on this Island. As of course are also Rolly  and Gloria.

"Twist and Shout" by the Beatles

Then I got myself a Rum & Coke and found a nice table. Subsequently used to distribute the wine from the Ladertas for their personal friends. Looked around and got the second photo.
Angie Lee, William Lee, Mary, Noel Bragg, Mary Beth Van Hoog and in back Gordon Wong. I think I got him in another place as Lordon Wong. Anyway Mary Beth may be making some contact with us, but of course only if she thinks the blog is up to her standards. Sounds reasonable.

"Born Free" by Roger Williams

Then I returned to sip and sip and had a few dances and there was another chance for a photo. My good friends Wes and Sandy Numazu , Cathy Pratt and Connie Laderta. Hopefully, Wes will get some photos if not for this blog for Marie's blog which is coming after. I could see him getting some good pictures along with others because of the costumes which were all stunning. We need the additional write up by Marie.

"Born To Be Wild" by Steppenwolf

Then there is more, but there were so many photographers. I at least got the famous Paul and Marie Laderta and then with one of my favorite ladies, Jun Nishioka. (who I didn't even recognize.)

Marie bought me another Rum and Coke, Wes brought it over and I figured I had enough time to finish it slowly. Had a few dances, looked around on the outside, people enjoying the  atmosphere out there too. But of course, not like the frolicking around in the Cupola itself with the alternating music of DJ Lucas and Jesse on the Keyboard, yes a little longer than we are use to.

"It's The Same Old Song" by the Four Tops

Then I had to get one more because of Julia who happened to be at the occasion. I  usually see her at the Swing Club (she is a terrific West Coast Swing Dancer) at Dream to Dance Studio or at the Honolulu Club. Yes I know, she could be a perfect Guest Author for Dancing in the Dark. Then there is Jun Nishioka (a purple wig?) who I have known for years. And the other lady, Clary Mitchell - Smith, I have seen her in many places for years too, she is a dancer.

I left at 8:25, made a mistake at the crossing and almost got run over. But I got to the Bus Stop at Ala Moana Center with a few minutes to spare. Got the bike on the last C bus at 8:35 and I was home by 9:45 very nicely.

"Commit Random Acts of Kindness and Senseless beauty."

No comments:

Post a Comment