Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sant Louis Clubhouse

It was a nice day Tuesday and things seemed to be going just fine. I had to get ready early for I wanted to be at St. Louis Clubhouse early.

"He who danceth not, knoweth not the ways of life."
Old Persian proverb


Got to the bus stop in beautiful Nanakuli and I could see the beautiful ocean panaorama of the afternoon. The 403 bus went by, then the 40 bus went by, and then I spotted what looked like the C bus across the bay to Lualualei. Did my exercises slowly (40 counts) and then stepped down and waited. Sure enough I got the bike on the bus that was there in two minutes.

Got to Kapolei and realized I hadn't put the camera in the briefcase. Got off the bus and decided to go back home. Then I happened to look into the briefcase for my music and the camera was there. Yes, I am getting old. I am now working on my going out check list. Personal: keys, Working: camera and Extras: gifts., music.

"Soul Man" by the Blues Brothers

Fine, went over to one of the stores that I had been wanting to look into for months and took my time to look things over. I found a perfect deal for my set up for shelving at home. They are very stingy on putting prices on the merchandise and I do not like to ask for the price of every item.

Got the next C bus going to town and got to the Saint Louis Clubhouse at about six twenty. I had never been there before except to take a photo from across the street. I went in the direction of Da Kitchen, but soon realized that wasn't it. Then rode around the corner and I found what I thought I was looking for. The line dancing was going on.

I then looked farther back and found the cocktail lounge but I thought I should wait for some other time to get me a Rum & Coke. The whole places was an eye opener. Very nice. So I waited until seven to get the first photo. Roxanne Kanno is getting to be known all over our circuit.

The Line Dancers at the Saint Louis Clubhouse: Tordon Wong,
Kathy Oshiro, Roxanne Kanno, Carolyn Chun, Chantu Richardson, Debra Huntz, Chris Lee and Don Aguilar.

These people looking good and the only thing, like the others, need more men. C'mon you guys, the ladies are waiting.

Meanwhile I met with Patrick Wakarai and missed Lynn Miller, the new instructors who will be teaching the classes for this quarter.

Got a photo of the dance group, well maybe not all. Next time I will take two photos of the dance group so I can get the names. Meanwhile I was lucky and got a quote. We have to get more of these quotes from our friends as we come across them.

From Linda Kwon: "Come on down and join Dance St Louis."

Biked all the way to the Ala Moana Center. (good exercise) and then sipped on my Time Solution while waiting for the bus, about ten minutes. Didn't take good effect until we got on the freeway, right after Middle Street.

The passing scenery, the good music and the opportunity to think things over, makes for a good ride. Got home before ten, made me a snack and got on the prelinaries of this blog.

Publ's Additional Note: If you get the chance. tune in on Frank's blog, the Dance Connection for a nice write up from Marie Laderta on the Hawaii Star Ball and on Uncle Wes, with plenty of photos, much of which I had never seen before.

 "The best teachers may not always be the best dancers and
the best dancers may not always be the best teachers."

No comments:

Post a Comment