Saturday, August 7, 2010

Bantay Bata

I was fortunate enough to get an invite from Marie on this. What an opportunity to do some good and have fun. That's my hobby.

Everything went like clockwork, from shower, shine, get dressed, all equipment and at the bus stop with plenty of time. Got the 7:45 C bus and then I realized I forgot my Rum Time Solution. Anyway I got to the big Bantay Bata Bash at the Pacific Beach Hotel by 8:15. Not bad. People were still lining up to eat.

“Almost nobody dances sober, unless they are insane.”
- HP Lovecraft

Met Marie right off the bat and she took me to my table and introduced me, nice people. Then I had to case the joint since I am a table man. Some had good table people but then they would have one couple that was negative, so! We must get the other tables where all of the people are acceptable.

Thanks to Uncle Wes for the Rum and Coke and Happy Birthday. Then danced a Mambo with Lani. And waited for the break to get Wes' table picture.

Seated: Ah Yee, Sandy Numazu, Connie Laderta, Jo Cassidy,
Cece Paulmino. Standing: Fel & Elvie Padilla, Wes Numazu,
Edwin & Remi Briones and Michael Yap.

Smoozed and cased the joint for possible photos. Of course I had a few dances too with some very nice ladies. Danced a nice swing with the "Star" dancer of Hawaii, Maria Handl. And I got the second photo.

Aisha Rahman, Inam Perreira Rahman, Paz Ignacio,
Greg & Aida Ancheta, Terrie Gutierrez and Romeo Cabrera.
Yes we missed the people on the top left.

More smoozing and looking around, Thanks for that Rum & Coke Emi. A dance or two and then I got the third table.

Ira Wright, Nita Rozmeski, Josie Banasan, Leo Thomas,
Beth Ilagan and Mary Tom.


And I always have at least one dance with Nita, we had a Cha Cha Cha and made the rounds again, Wes bought me another Rum & Coke, and I was feeling no pain. And I couldn't forget the last table with ace photographer Calvin Ota, Debra and friends.

Unfortunately, something went wrong with the camera and I lost the photos. I don't really know much about cameras, but I am learning. In fact on my computer I have tried to delete the file that contains all the photos but the same folder keeps reappearing after I have deleted it with all the photos.

I commented to Paul, that the entire party reflected the fact that they did not have any "Thou Shalt Nots." The entire group seemed to having a ball just pleasing themselves, their friends and all for a good cause. Is this a new invention? Photos were being taken all over the place. People want the remembrance of the good time. Video Cameras were in abundance and for the same reason and no police to stop them or confiscate the cameras. This is Da Kine function we are looking for. Dee Light Full!

If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet,
you'd best teach it to dance. - George Bernard Shaw

I was having a good time and stayed past my bed time. Left after 11 and took a slow ride to McDonalds. Got a medium Coke. By that time I realized my coordination was not all there. Several people had bought me a Rum & Coke and it had a telling effect.

Through my very strong mental powers, I can see that I am holding the handlebars very steady. But then "The Road Moves." I cannot control that. But I got on the next bus going. the #13 and left me off at Kalakaua and Kapiolani. From there a short ride to the Ala Moana Transit Center.

Then the Coke did not seem enough and since I had plenty of time, I went to Walgreens. They had no pints and I had to buy a 750 milliliter for $15.70. In Nanakuli, I had just purchased 1.75 liters, on special, for $19.95. Yes, I know, it was all my fault.

Something happened to the midnight bus and I had to wait until the 1:00 bus. But with the time solution and my good music, it makes it acceptable as just one of those things. Got home at about 2:30 AM. A small snack and over and out.

Got up late to finish this up. My calendar looks pretty good for the coming week.

"We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without
brightening up our own."

No comments:

Post a Comment