Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Caribbean Coconut Muesli from The Four Seasons, Nevis


Someone from Four Seasons read my recent post on
coconut yogurt and noticed I mentioned my kids liked the Caribbean muesli as well as the yogurt. I neglected to ask for the recipe when we were there so the chef at Four Seasons was nice enough to email the recipe to me recently. Four Seasons has been very generous in sharing their recipes. Thank you Chef Andreas Donnerbauer!


Let me warn you, this is sweet. Coconut creme is very sweet and frankly, I only added a very small amount of honey. As far as I'm concerned, it really doesn't need any honey at all. Taste before you add it. I do remember now my kids mentioned how sweet it was and said they could never have eaten an entire bowlful, but I noticed they sure made inroads! 


I also toasted my sliced almonds AND added some dried cranberries. This would be fabulous with fresh fruit which would certainly help cut the sweetness.  You muesli lovers can add or subtract anything you want.

Caribbean Coconut Muesli
Courtesy Andreas Donnerbauer, Executive Chef, Four Seasons Nevis



Ingredients:
1 generous cup quick cooking oats (I used McCanns)
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1/2 cup yogurt (I used Fage)
4 ounces coconut cream
2 tablespoons coconut, toasted until golden brown (add more for garnish)
2 tablespoons raisins
3 ounces honey (I really don't think you need this)
1 tablespoons sliced almonds (I toasted these; hazelnuts would be good too.)

Method:
Soak oats in the skim milk overnight. The next morning add the yogurt and the coconut cream. Add the toasted coconut, raisins, almonds and honey, if using. Mix well and serve cold. Garnish with toasted coconut on top.         
               

No comments:

Post a Comment