Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Peanut Butter and Jelly

I do sometimes wish I still lived in town, even though I am having an awful lot of fun helping to develop the entertainment part at this end of the island. But I will be busy Tuesday over here and Thursday at Moanalua Corridor.
“You have to ‘Be’ before you can ‘Do’ and ‘Do’ before you can ‘Have’."

A nice occasion arises on Wednesday where it would have been nice to see "Oldies and Goodies" playing and perhaps have a few dances at the Pacific Beach Hotel in the early evening.  Then Arthur Murray is having their Karaoke meeting later on at the Outrigger Hotel. I could have gotten a nice set of photos and made a good write up.

Of course it is also becoming more difficult to attend functions that involve alcohol, now that I am limited to about once per week. I have to plan more effectively on where to go for the maximum alcoholic enjoyment. I usually drink a seven up or sprite but I may have to start looking into something more exotic.

“Where The Boys Are” By Connie Francis

Martha Graham is considered one of the foremost pioneers of American modern dance. In order to express the passion, rage and ecstasy of humans, she developed her very own language of movement. She created a new dance technique similar to classical ballet, but with several differences.

She focused heavily on basic human movement, concentrating on the movements of contraction and release. Instead of striving for long, fluid movements, Graham's movements were sharp and jagged. Her dancing aimed to expose basic human emotions through movement. Graham's brave vision for modern dance earned her several awards and honors.

Calvin and Hobbs dancing the new Honolulu Stomp

"Who was that guy that said, "I may not be as good as I once was, but I am as good once as I ever was."

"Hang on Sloopy" by McCoys

This blog has been in last place all year, but it is starting to move with the others. We just need more of our readers' opinions. Our reader's thoughts are founded on respect and we value each other's opinions. Our ability to learn from one another is only limited by our ability to listen. We could be inspired by the belief that there is one universal love shared by everyone.

Our blogs strive for social progress and unity while promoting charitable giving and passionate debate. So we dance mostly to enjoy the music and to move to it, we don't dance to compete with each other. Those may be a different class of dancers. And we do not consider them wrong, only different.

No comments:

Post a Comment