Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hawaii Gardenia, 20th Anniversary

For a Saturday, the day went very nicely, I had an extra hour of sleep in the morning and did most of my chores during the day and got ready  for my town trip.
"Attitudes are often more important than intelligence."

I left at 5:30 pm, still daylight but now I realize I should have left at 5:00. It would have given me a half hour longer. Got to the Library on time, but the 13 bus had just passed and I had to wait for the next one. Was at the Ala Wai Golf Course by 7:30 and no trouble at the door.

Got rid of a dance movie, (lottery with the last number in your Social Security) and too late to get a photo of the reception table. Announcements and all coming from the podium. So I resigned myself to try to get the photos I came to get which are of the attendees.


Got a good picture of some West Side people, and I am rushing so
I thought I would skip the names for now. And now, that I see it,
it is better with the names.

The Stars of the Show will be very well photographed by real photographers. And they will share their photos with whomever they wish. I was able to get a photo of Tim and Nieves for the "Good People" of the September Platinum Horseshoe blog.

Ran across my friend Kathy Uehara and she wanted a picture
with her friends. All nice people, I seem to have seen them
as part of our dance group.

Before I knew it the time for my leaving had passed and there was no way I could get the E bus that left the terminal at 8:50. So I figured the 9:20 and got time for a couple more photos. I got lucky and met up with people that can make my day, hadn't seen them in quite a while. All from the Wahiawa Dance Club.

 Neo Teocson, Greg and Aida Ancheta, Virgie and Leo Corcino.

Met my long time friends, Stan and Gerri Katayama from Wahiawa and that really made my day. Went out on the Lanai and got another photo.

Good People from the West Side.

I then checked the time and I missed the 9:20 bus. This is ticklish now.

But I got another good photo of my good friends from Kapolei.

Now I was really in a jam, trying to get to Ala Moana Center in time to get the #40 which leaves at 10:00. The first bus that came along got me to the Center at 10:10. Too late, so now I must wait another hour. Auwe.

"Tell Me Why" by the Four Aces

That bus was fifteen minutes late and by the time I got on there was standing room only. I got a seat but most were Filipinos and a few Samoans and you can tell how important these people are to the bus line. Terrible.

You can get a good idea of what they mean. "Wow, when I get my car I can forget this stuff." And they sure are not thinking of any rail. The rail is mainly going to screw up the bus system.

For me, it a nice ride listening to the music on my notebook computer and I was home at 1:00 AM, Sunday morning. I just have to be more careful. No one's fault but my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment