Monday, July 18, 2011

What's Doin'?

I finally got the speakers on my computer going right. It did not matter much when I couldn't copy the CD music to my computer. But with my new operating system Ubuntu, I can copy anything to my computer and even make copies.
"Through these blogs read the most informed dancers in the Pacific."

Now the speakers that come with the computer are pretty bad. Cost of replacement about $10. Cheap stuff. So I looked around and found what seemed like a bargain at $30. Wow the improvement in sound was very noticeable. However my ears are getting used to good music.

I looked around again on the Internet and finally found what I thought was an improvement. Something with 2.0 grading ($60) and 3.0 would probably be even greater yet. But I am going slow, and I am learning, (even at my age.)

This was even a bigger wow than the first. I really do not know if anyone has a better sound on their regular stereos, where I live.  So I thought I was pretty well set until I was informed of mp3 files. They are about one tenth the size of a regular "Wave" file that I copy.

"The Sound Of Music" the Movie.

I cannot tell the difference, the sound is beautiful so I am stuck with converting all my wave files into mp3 files. And more than that I can put the files of my favorites into my notebook computer. When I go to town, I can work on the way back or I can just hook up my earphones and listen to the music right from the computer. I got it made in the shade.

Pub's Note: The total hits for all six blogs remains at below 300 average hits per day. Town Dancer is dropping but the total hits remain the same because the others are going up. I can get some people to contribute a one time write up, but the "hits" are in the amount of people that contribute. At least, with us, even if only "good" or "terrible" as long as it is an opinion from our readers. That is the important thing.

"La Comparsita" by Placido Domingo

We do get a lot regular email flyer kine stuff but everyone knows the effect that has. We need communication from anyone, aimed directly to the reader/dancers of this community. Come on somebody, it will take time, but sooner or later we will find out we are all friends.

From Debby Borges Barboza.

Lady's NIGHT for all of JULY! $5. 
Guest DJ Ray Cruz 9 pm-12 am
1/2 hour beginner lesson @ 8:30 pm
Snacks available Lots of free parking
Large dance floor $8.

Please protect and enjoy the dance floor.  Shoe wear must be floor friendly--ballroom shoes, non-marking soles, no sharp heels, check athletic shoe soles for rocks.  Please, no baby powder needed on floor.  Thank you! Dream To Dance, 661 Auahi St.

No comments:

Post a Comment