Friday, July 15, 2011

Fan of the Week: Grace Welch


Meet our Fan of the Week, Grace Welch, a successful "mompreneur" from Providence, RI. She isthe mom inventor of the award-winning patemm® pad, the round diaper changing system.  Grace and her patemm® pads have been featured on TheOprah Winfrey Show, The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch, Evening Magazine, ViewFrom The Bay, People Magazine, The Washington Post, The Boston Globe,DailyCandy, Parents, Kiwi, Life & Style, Real Simple, Parenting, ABC's TheView, NBC's The Today Show, CBS News, just to name a few!

Grace's storyof how she started her business, and howshe marketed and promoted her patemm® pad while raising her childrenhas enabled & inspired entrepreneurial-minded mothers (andfathers) across the country to start their own businesses.  Check out how she leads her very active life, balancing a successful business and a family with 4 kids under 10 years of age!



Best advice to make your kids eat healthy / What is in their lunchbox?
I always add a piece of fruit or some raw veggies in their lunch boxes.  Give them healthy options:  Do you want an apple or raisins or a banana or a granola bar?  Try not to give them give them the junkfood option whenever possible.

 Kid gear you couldn't have lived without:
Flushable wipes and LL Bean stainless steel water bottles and Episencial Face Balm.

Mantra to keep calm in chaotic moments: 
Life is so hectic as it is and I always try to simplify my life as much as possible.  If I have a bad day, accept it and move on.  Tomorrow is another day...

Tricks to keep in shape:
I walk or run whenever I can...and drink lots of water. 

Best busy mom beauty trick:
As a wife, mom to 4 kids, and running my own business, my life is full and hectic!  But, I alway take some quiet time for myself everyday.  I get up early everyday before everyone else does and that is my quiet time to drink my coffee, meditate and prepare for the day.  I always leave the house with a little lip color and a great accessory piece like a statement necklace or bracelet to add to my wardrobe. 

One green guilt:
I need to be more diligent about re-cycling!




If you'd like to be a Fan of the Week, please e-mail us at EcoLogicalMom@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment