Saturday, July 30, 2011

Friday Palladium

First off, a mistake, and this is only me. In my old age I have to be more careful. I took the bus schedules (off the Internet) for Saturday, where they should have been for Friday. But i didn't really do so bad.

I got the bus in Nanakuli after five which seemed to be a little earlier than usual but I didn't really notice. But I got to the Public Library in town at 6:10 which was just right. I asked about the 13 bus. "Just went by" Waited 20 more minutes for the next.

Got to the famous Palladium about seven pm. Not bad. Met Jim Brierly and he hasn't been feeling well and looking like he lost weight. But he is a good member of the dance community and willing to help where he can. He is one of the pillars of our dance world.

Got into Hawaii Gardenia Circle dance on the Ewa side and they were starting up nice. Good contact with many friends and I got a good photo at the reception desk.

Seated: Davod Mayman, Hélène Tombelaine. Standing: David Asato,
Nancy Luckie, Ivan John and Gayle Kawahakui.

Hadn't seen David Asato in years, but nice to see he can still dance. Hopefully he can contribute a few words to the blogs now and then. Not too many people at this occasion but it was nice since so many of the attendees were of the exhibition. competition type dancers that need more space to dance.

Went over to Dance Hawaii and was overwhelmed with the amount of people there. Since they are mostly social dancers, they don't need the extra room. This is a relatively new group. and of course mostly West Oahu folk. I can see this outfit rolling. Wait till we get the new Dance Pavilion at the Patsy Mink Recreation Center. That is going to be the berries. "You ain't seen nuttin' yet."


Sitting: Dianne and Bob Nishimura and Eileen Nakano. Standing:
Ana and Jim Arrowhead, and Jane Wong.

I then went back to Gardenia and tried to get another photo, but everybody wants to dance. That is perfectly understandable. I did go around testing the waters. There were at least two groups represented that will probably never be with us.

Though there were also at least two other groups represented that seem friendly enough to come back in the fold. I would welcome them very much. We are first and foremost for the dancers. If you have to have it for your club, that is your choice and you should do as you see fit.
 
Went back to Dance Hawaii and the place was jumping. Walked around and cased the joint. So many nice friends there.

More of our good people: Florence and Benjamin Peralta,
Lasting and Fil Bartolome, Tandy Alconcel and Manny Carrion

Went back and forth, and danced a few times. Got ready to leave and I got some ice cubes from the ice maker in the kitchen side and I tested my time solution for a good taste. Walked through the lanai and thought to get a couple of last shots.

The left photo: A banquet fit for a King (and Queen) and
the right photo: the lucky people dining "al fresco."

Nice walk back to the bus and a little tiring but I stopped to rest and take a drink on the way.  And had a few more drinks waiting for the bus. The E bus was late according to my data. But I got a nice seat and booted up my computer for music.

With a few more drinks and my nice music coming in through my new earphones, I was getting a nice buzz before getting on the freeway. I checked the time and it seemed a little late but I was beginning to feel no pain.

A breeze all the way to Waipahu Transit Center, and the time was late. However the #40 arrive almost immediately later, and I was relieved. A few minutes later I realized I had been on the Saturday schedule and this was  Friday. I am so brilliant.

Got home before ten and made myself another Rum and Coke and got on the computer. A nice meal after and conked out right after midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment