Monday, June 27, 2011

Salsa in Town

I had planned on getting home early Saturday night from Aliamanu, but things got screwed up with the buses. There is advantage to having a car. Anyway I ended up going all the way into town and while there, I thought about Salsa. Two places, I knew of and both were closed. No more Salsa.
"The greatest happiness you can have is knowing that
you do not necessarily require happiness."

So I decided to take a nice bike ride to Dream To Dance studio. Not too many people but DJ Rod playing some good solid, Latin music with "the beat." Something our regular DJs in the Ballroom scene, seem to be losing.

Our DJs version, "You can dance Rumba to it." Yes, but it is far different than when the music just asks, and you "gotta" dance Rumba to it. Big, Big Difference. Same thing happens in Cha Cha Cha. Often in country dances. Da reel teeng is just missing somewhere and no one realizes where.

Anyway I had to get a photo even if only a part of the dancers.

Nao, Debby, Lucy, Kevin, DJ Rod, Stacy, John, Becky, Jeff and Jessica

Quote: "Dance and Enjoy" by Debby.

So I had to catch the Next E bus which would go on the Freeway all the way to Waipahu Transit Center. Picked me up in ten minutes and room for one bike on the bike rack. But this is Saturday.

They don't don't have the filler 40 bus and I had to wait until almost 1l:00 pm. The bus was jammed to the hilt and it still surprises me that young that do not care that the instructions are to leave the front seats for the elderly. Auwe.

The only thing good about the rail, is that some will ride it if there is place to sit down.  And the bus company is going to force you to ride the rail. Now you know how. Something the buses of today could have and still do not realize. "General Motors" thinking of the last century.

Got home at midnight had a snack and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment