Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cathy's Salt and Vinegar Potatoes


Have you ever had salty french fries in a paper cone with vinegar sprinkled on top? I still remember my first introduction to them as a kid, walking around the state fair. And I've always loved 'em that way.  


 So let me introduce you to Salt and Vinegar Potatoes. I'm not going to rave on and on because the photo says everything better than I ever could. I'm just going to post the photos and the recipe, nothing more needed....these are such a delight. What else would you expect from Cathy at
Noble Pig

Salt and Vinegar Potatoes with Rosemary
From Noble Pig




Ingredients: 

2 lbs small potatoes, new or fingerlings work well
Olive oil
Kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper
Fresh rosemary, finely chopped
Cider vinegar
Method:
Place potatoes in salted water and bring to a boil; cook until fork tender.  Preheat oven to 425º.
Place the cooked potatoes on a well-oiled baking sheet and press down gently on each potato with a potato masher.
Brush the top of each potato with olive oil...be generous.  Season well with Kosher salt, pepper and rosemary.  Place in the oven for 25 minutes until browned and crispy.  Remove from oven and brush well with cider vinegar.  Taste and add more vinegar or salt accordingly.



No comments:

Post a Comment