Saturday, December 11, 2010

The West Side Story in Waikiki

Had a very nice easy going day. My foot healing up very nicely. The VA sure did a good job of reparing the damage. And ate good for I going to fast for a few hours before Friday night dinner.

"Dancing is the last word in life ... in dancing one draws
nearer to oneself." 

Started out at 3:00 pm with a shower, wash the feet, follow up with all, dress the toe wound, and made sure the socks and shoes would feel comfortable enough. And I left to get the bike on the 4:10 bus. And got to Kapolei before 4:30. Went direct to the library to return my CDs and since I was late, I had to wait in line to pay.

I waited for the five o'clock bus and got to Ala Moana Center by six. Went to Sears for shoes. Nice but I will look around. Went back out and here comes the #8 bus. Good, got the bike on that.

Was at the Sheraton before seven, and it sure looked good. Plenty of tables and a good crowd. These are the people that can afford high prices easily. And my opportunity to take notes and take photos. I wish to thank Paul and Marie Laderta publicly and in writing, for the ticket. Gratefully accepted

"When You're Smiling" by Andy Williams

This whole enchilada seemed to be starting off with a bang. Just terrific. Got my first photo with my table partners taken by Carmelo. I was fortunate to be seated with the elite.

Seated: Tracy Okazaki, Debra Ota, Candy Matsuda and Lorrie Chun. Standing: Calvin Ota, Pepe, Ed Matsuda and Michael Chun.

Next table over, were also some very deluxe people and I couldn't miss them.

Seated: Lita Suga, Virgie Bonnet, Buffy Gonzales and Mari Keyes. Standing: Carmelo, Jeanette Ranion, Dolores Juan, Jesse Gonzales
and Dick Bowman. 

The show was going good and everyone was enjoying the exhibitions. There were cameras all over the place and people were having fun. Any of you that would like to share a photo with your fellow dancers, contact any one of the Guest Authors and you can get it in. Slowly this entire enchilada will become the Social Media I dream about.

"Make Me Rainbows" by Vic Damone

Looked around and found some of my very good friends from Wahiawa Ballroom Dance Club. No way I was going to waste that opportunity.

Some of the finest in our dance circles: Fil & Elvie Padilla,
Leo & Virgie Corcino, Simon Escano, Aida and Greg Ancheta.

A pause in the terrific show and I kept looking around, and came across Paul and Marie and they were calling. Another terrific opportunity to get a photo and not only my usual but Maria's son too. Wow.

Dr Paul Laderta, Dominic Handl, Marie Laderta, Titin Sakata,
Connie Laderta and Sandy Numazu

Time was running out, I was getting tired, three rum & cokes so I have a different option. If I leave before ten, I can get the E bus in front of the Hale Koa. I get a last shot of the beautiful crowd.

 There will be plenty of photos around, of the action on the floor.

A few minutes wait for the E bus which goes thru town and then on the freeway to Waipahu. At Waipahu, I waited about ten minutes before the slow boat #40 arrives and I get home before midnight. Not bad.

Poured the remainder of my Time Solution (almost a full glass) put some music on and wrote up the skeleton of this blog. In the morning, get the pictures, make the fixes and finish up the blog.

Pub's Note: As per usual, if you want the photos, click left mouse button to enlarge. Click right mouse button to save to your computer, then it is yours to do as you wish.

 "No one ever led a revolution of any kind
with his hands in his pockets."

No comments:

Post a Comment