Sunday, December 5, 2010

HBDA and Salsa in town

I have been holding off too long now that I live in Nanakuli. DJ Rod and Salsa at Dream to Dance Studio were a a must. Then I saw June's poster of the HBDA dance in the blog. Now I have to go there too.

"Each day can be one of triumph if you keep up your interests."

So Saturday, I made my plans to leave early and also an opportunity to test working my laptop computer on the bus. Even got my groceries early so that nothing would get me there late.

I got to the bus stop in time but the bus was detained somewhere and I had to wait and get the next one, about a quarter to seven.  On the bus, I got my music going all right and I tried to do some work on my laptop but not good results. The road is too bumpy and it is difficult with a touch pad instead of a mouse. Got to HBDA at 8:30 and the show was on.

Seated: Gloria Klein, Justine Riley, Perfecto L. Cortez,
June Kadomoto and Nancy Akamichi. Standing: Richard Akamichi, Henry Lee, Melvin Camat and Faith Agbayani. Tried and True Members.

At the break, I got a good photo of the gang at the reception desk. And also raffled off a CD of Mexico City music. 20 million people live in Mexico City, bigger than many countries.

 The biggest Line Dance crowd in Hawaii. But then again,
"These people are Dancers" No fooling around.

"Come join us and have a fun time," Nancy Akamichi

Talked to people here and there, so many nice dancers that I overstayed my visit. Had a nice Rumba with Mabel Yeung (good dancer,) and I left after nine and got to Dream to Dance Studio at about nine thirty. Had a nice Cha Cha Cha with Debby and got two good photos and some comments from the photees.

Jennifer Constantino, Jarrid  Jullian (happy birthday, Jarrid),
Emi Matsuoka, and the famous Greg "the Salsaman" Henry.

"It's Jarrid's birthday and come on down to Hawaii Salsa at the Ala Wai Saturday, 11 to 1 pm." emichan@hotmail.com

Carlos Herrera, Vickie Romero, DJ Rod, Tee Monroy,
Roberto Vargas Jr. and Caz.

"Come on down and enjoy the holidays at the Dream To Dance studio" Roberto Vargas Jr.

Good crowd, but I was told it was still too early. Seems as though Salsa dancers are late comers and there were some coming in as I was leaving. Some places don't open until eleven. Wow!

"Moliendo Cafe" by Azucar Moreno

Too late for any fast buses so I left at ten to Alapai and got the 40 bus that left Ala Moana at 10. Too many stops and too many people. Standing room only by the time we got to Chinatown. Then 3 people would get off and 4 would get on and the bus was packed by the time we got to Middle street. That bus is a work horse.

The ten o'clock and the eleven o'clock buses are the busiest. The need is there to run another C bus at 10:30 to take care of those that ride all the way from Ala Moana to the Waianae Coast. Many are getting off work and now they have to stand all the way home. Terrible.

Got home after midnight, had a snack and conked out. Finished this blog today Sunday.

 "Be a good listener. Your ears will never get you in trouble."

No comments:

Post a Comment