Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Coconut Yogurt: Quickie #2


When we were in Nevis recently, I had fresh fruit for breakfast every morning. Each day, there was a new yogurt flavor on the plate. One morning, it was coconut yogurt. I'm a sucker for anything coconut and this yogurt was so good it would make you think "island time" all year round. I requested it every morning and before we left, I asked if there was a recipe of some sort they might be willing share. The sous chef was sweet enough to bring it out to me in person along with her card. Later, when I opened up the envelope with the recipe, I did not expect to see just two simple ingredients: Greek yogurt and cream of coconut. Talk about quick! (Although as you'd expect from Four Seasons, their fruit plate was much more glamorous than the one I made below....just for me.....with whatever fruit I had in the fridge.) 


So I bought a little can of cream of coconut and some Fage Greek yogurt and mixed until I got the proportions exactly as I remembered them. You can fiddle with them to your taste; you want it to be dipping consistency. Not too thick but not runny. Taste it as you slowly mix in the coconut cream. You'll find a point where it's somewhat sweet and tastes like coconut. Greek yogurt is thick enough so you can add a surprising amount of cream of coconut. A thinner yogurt would not work.


My kids frequently ordered the coconut muesli there and raved about that as well. I imagine that recipe is a little more involved (and I neglected to ask for the recipe), but I'm working on it and will let you know. Or perhaps, if I send this post to Allison, she'll be kind enough to email me that recipe too?  :)


Coconut Yogurt

Courtesy of Allison Smith-Mason, Sous Chef at the Four Seasons, Nevis



Ingredients:
Brands I used:
Fage brand Greek yogurt
Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut



Method:

Combine to your taste


No comments:

Post a Comment