Monday, February 21, 2011

Music Copy

Several years back I tried using the old Windows computer, to copy music discs and it was a disaster. I just said the hell with it, some other time. Now things are a little different with my Ubuntu Operating System on my computer.
"The world of dance is moved along, not only by the mighty
pushes of its top people, but also by the aggregate of tiny
pushes of each honest and sincere dancer."

I was able to get into the disc and see the files. (tracks) And then I succeeded in copying the files (tracks) to my computer. From there I was able to play them and used my cheap computer speakers. Still it was not bad.

I was able to copy several discs onto a flash drive and able to stick it into my laptop while I am working on my other stuff. With earphones I did not have to bother any one on the bus coming back from town. And it can eliminate drinking on the way home from town. Though I hear that the "bottom line" people are thinking of making that illegal. Not the drinking, the copying of music on the flash drive.



Then came the mistake. The next day, I inserted a disc in the drive and it gave me a choice of the Rhythm box and Brasero. I chose Brasero. It gave me notice that it would copy to the computer, eject the original and then I could insert a blank disc into the CD drive. Then I would have a choice of one or several copies. Wow, I copied, six copies, and they all played on my boom box. The most amazing thing I have ever seen. This is apparently illegal, though I do not intend to sell any copies.

I have since investigated and found that there may be 10 billion illegal copies being made daily throughout the world. The musicians are not asking for the money, its the bean counters, the bottom line people.

Since they are in effect only renting you the music and I hear they may even go farther. One hundred dollar deposit for every disk and it will record how many times you play it. You have to take it back periodically and pay the fee based on how many times you played it.

Now I have Googled and am finding out how to play my cassette tapes into the computer using Audacity, then I will be able to copy them to disc too. Then I can just give away all the cassette tapes that I have. I will have to check on the legality of this. It may be illegal to give the cassettes away. Remember the good old days?

Meanwhile I ordered, some discs, disc cases and a new deluxe speaker set for my computer. The music on my new speaker is just beautiful. Old original speakers cost about $10. I got a new set for $30. I can imagine the sound on some $60 speakers. I have to ask around and get info from the DJs.

I was just informed by Marie that there will be no Ilikai on Wednesday. I will have to change my plans. Tuesday after a hectic day in town, I plan to stay home. Maybe on Wednesday I can go to the Visorias at the Waipahu District Park.

"Enjoy the most elegant contact sport played today, and
take dancing seriously, but dance with a light heart.”

No comments:

Post a Comment