Monday, February 14, 2011

The Lady In Red Ball

I was very happy to hear the news from Debby when she email me. I got one last year too. She said she would be one of the judges and I thought some of her people would be dancing.


Of course, some people are becoming aware that I like to attend these functions just for the fun of getting the photos and making the write up. I am very certain that our reader/dancers like to read about these things and see the photos.

 I even received the above poster from Leo Rojas Gozar,
so I feel I was able to help a little in my way too.

Sunday was a nice day at home, and I took my time and did my work and got ready for a fun time. The C bus was late in Nanakuli, but made up for it on the freeway and I got to the Shopping center about 7:50. For sure I cannot work on the computer while the bus is on the freeway. Too bumpy. But I can listen to my music on the flash drive.

I cut across the shopping center parking area and got to the corner of Atkinson and Ala Moana. Took a couple chances I shouldn't have and I am usually extra careful. Then a short ride over the bridge and I was at the Hawaii Prince Hotel before eight.

Locked the bike on pole in front, and went up the stairs then another level to get to the Maunakea Ballroom and the place was jumping. Never seen do much red in my life.

Naturally, I start to make my rounds to "case the joint." And naturally, I run into the bar which calls for a Rum & Coke. Said hello to the many friends there and had a couple of dances. I figured about five tables for potential photos. I wanted to make this a big blog.


I didn't know that Divino Ritmo Dance Studio would also be in the running but I was pleased for they made the gathering more complete. Lucas and Yanna made a big impression on the crowd with their presentation, naturally. Marie and the gang were there and I had to get that photo first. And thanks for the R & C Marie.


Then I got the next table from my other close friends who were there. Rolly with Marie went on later to get first prize in the dance contest and David and Emi got in second. Marie assures me that the rumor of Blackpool is not true.

A nice quote I have carried for a while and I have the opportunity to print it now.

"Grieving is a process of cleansing and healing and cannot be rushed. We must allow ourselves to cry and trust that the tears will eventually stop. When dealing with a loss, we must treat ourselves gently, patiently  and lovingly. Our pain will always be a seed of growth."


Then something went wrong with the camera and I have been having trouble with this one. Since the photos are becoming so important and not enough contributors of photos, I am forced to plan on taking two cameras with me from now on. With my laptop, it will be quite a load.

For sure in most of these charity affairs we do not have many real dyed in the wool dancers. So the people start to leave early. Emi bought me a R & C and I overstayed a little. I realized it was almost eleven.

I went downstairs and got the bike unlocked at five minutes to eleven. Took the short ride over to the center and thought it better to try to wait for the bus on Ala Moana because it was almost eleven. It must have left right on time at eleven on Kona because it arrived a few minutes later at Ala Moana and away we go.

Put my music on, just fine. And right after town I started fiddling with the computer. Still trying to work it on the bus. Since it makes so many stops, then is the time to make my intricate moves. Better than drinking on the way home. The computer gave me notice "You have 15 minutes left." Turned it off right after getting to Nanakuli and I got home a little after 12:30 AM. Not bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment