Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Moving Blog.

Whattan eye opener. Dancing in the Dark moving fast and furious. Now in second place behind Town Dancer. I deliberately withheld much SEO or any advertising just to test. I have been very pleasantly surprised. Of course, Frank said, it is almost a household name. I did have that advantage. The hits have been through the links and word of mouth mostly.

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." ~Aldous Huxley

So I checked the search engines and found it on Google and Dogpile. But I could not find it in any other of the top search engines. So today I notified two free submission services for several search engines and I got one free advertising. We will see what will happen. I am learning.

That is the extent that I am going for any outside help. If I get what I think are "store bought" hits I will let them know I don't need that. Everything will hang on the local reader/dancers and whatever they like. It looks very promising. Now to get the information contributors.

"Respect" by Aretha Franklin

I believe I will get at least two from Dream to Dance Studio. They will include info on their friends and the Studio and all that hullabaloo will add up to more fans for the Studio, its teachers and for all connected with the blog. It's a win-win situation.

Dream To Dance Studio has been there for a long while. And it existed long before that. So Debby is well known in our dance world. She has group classes in dance and also private and semi-private. The Studio is also well known for its Saturday night Salsa with DJ Rod, El Moreno de la Salsa. So we have two very good prospectives for photos for the blog. Of course all of us fans are hoping for an annual Dream To Dance Showcase featuring most of their people. It will come.

"Come Together" by The Beatles

Perhaps by the end of the year we can be planning the independence of this blog to be taken over by the Guest Authors. Hopefully, it should be number one by then. I will appoint an administrator, for back up.

And as soon as possible I can resign as administrator and we can get another for back up. I will remain but only as a guest author. By then it will be on its own but, of course, I will have my hands full with the other blogs. I am not retiring.

"Strangers In Paradise" by the Four Aces.

At the Dream To Dance Studio:
Lucas Jaime and Yanna Samkova have the Studio from 1 to 6 pm every Saturday. Group and Private lessons. I look for a photo opportunity there regularly and I got the first one today.

Brittany, Lucas Jaime, Yumi Hiragami, Shervelle Flynn
and Angel Luis Rodriguez, up and coming students.

Charlie Castro has Salsa on Thursday and Sunday, but never responded to my last email. Maybe next year. We have to go where we can make positive contact.

Then I will try to meet Jocie on Wednesday and maybe get a photo there too. The entire studio is developing as good space for Dancing in the Dark. And dis da blog.

You can follow more of the day in the Moanalua Corridor Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment