Monday, June 28, 2010

The Latest

This is probably the last reorganization of the blog and zine output. Now that we have enough information to make the better decisions. In the July issue of "Let's Dance" there are sufficient reasons for the phasing out of the zine. And I have spread myself too thin.

"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music."

And last minute decisions make this announcement necessary: The July issue is in fact the third quarter issue of 2010. There may or may not be a fourth quarter 2010. If there is it will be the final one, I suppose, that Thanksgiving and Christmas is a good time for Aloha.

We know that in "our" blogosphere plus four other blogs that we know of, and several websites that we, on these Islands, have pretty close to 300 average reader/dancers per day. That is 9000 readers per month. We cannot even come close to that in readers of the zine. And then more people are getting on the Internet every day so it stands to reason.

You're My First, My Last, My Everything" by Barry White

Most of the blogs are not doing too well because I have been diluting the readership, but over all they are holding up pretty good. I need to communicate more person to person and get more opinions on these blogs. I will be working more on the best, Town Dancer and the worst, Dancing in the Dark. The ones in the middle will take care of themselves until I have more time for them.

I am almost getting to the point of having three good Guest Authors on Town Dancer blog. When that happens I will plan on my gradual withdrawal from that blog. Calvin is doing one helluva good job there. They will be able to take care of themselves quite nicely and I look forward to all of us learning from their progress.

"The Last Dance" by Donna Summer

Meanwhile, here at the ranch. Dancing in the Dark, Dream To Dance Studio will be setting up the model for others to come. Overnight? Nevah happened. Next week will be a little better and the following week it will be better yet.

Line dancing has not shown much interest. I have asked over and over again, for a couple years and the results are flyer things, nothing, zero, nada. So perhaps next year. But for now they are out, like as in later, much later.

But Salsa is already doing good with Debby. We have Saturday night Salsa with DJ Rod and we have Charlie Castro salsa classes on Thursdays and Sundays. Getting a good crowd in that place.

"Brick House" by The Commodores

Eventually we are going to get some Salsa in Pearl City. Do you know? I don't. But the Moanalua Corridor is the only place we can get information and photos on line dancing.

Maybe we can get Greg's Honolulu Club gig on Fridays too. I will have to communicate with my good friend Susan Tagawa, she knows a lot of what is happening there. Nice bunch of friendly people there. A little publicity goes a long way.

From there a little bit from Al Franz Studio and the blog will be rounding up pretty good. Maybe even another studio that would like to join us. We can plan on bigger things then. There are a lot of good people that we have to help.

"How much you know is not as important as what you do with what you do know."

No comments:

Post a Comment